Screen problem/resolution

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SD-B, Nov 25, 2012.

1. SD-B, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012

SD-B macrumors 6502

SD-B

MacBook Pro, late 2009

IF READING, PLEASE SKIP THE POST BELOW THAT SEEMS TO HAVE A FIX FOR FURTHER DOWN AS YOU CAN SEE THE POSTER REALIZES HES GOT THE WRONG MAC SO IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THIS PROBLEM IS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

The last 2 weeks as I am browsing a web page and I will be 2/3 of the way down and suddenly it sort of refreshes, or reloops........im not yet sure IF it is happening anywhere else but safari but will try to see if it does it in Firefox which i rarely use but guess i better try using this afternoon.

I dont recall it happening at all when i am in emails, but just browsing web pages

Any ideas as to what it might be? Or what might be causing it?

My resolution is 1280 x 800
    My display profile seems to be on COLOUR LCD and I haven't made any changes that I am aware of at least?

2. Denisoftus macrumors member

This is well-known issue. Seems to me only happening when Integrated card is used, didn't notice it when on discrete.

Hope the next update will fix it.

3. SD-B thread starter macrumors 6502

SD-B

Ok, just noticed in happening in FINDER as well. Not sure what you mean by integrated card or when on discrete?

Thanks no need to worry then. I was wondering if my video was on its way out. ;-)

4. SD-B thread starter macrumors 6502

SD-B

I have looked and cant find anything about this issue so must be searching under the wrong term?

What do you mean by "integrated" card and "discrete?"

And what issue exactly are you referring to?

Thanks ;)

5. Denisoftus macrumors member

download and install gfxcardstatus - you can select Discrete card only - should solve your issue time being, until 8.1.3 update :) I hope.

Integrated card is Intel 4000 - used to safe battery life for simple graphics operations, where faster card is required it switches to Discrete - Nvidia

Google it anyway.

Hope this helps.

----------

Just realised you asking about Macbook 2009, my bad, I was referring to the issues with Retina Macbook 2012. You can ignore my posts.

Still update may fix your issue.

6. SD-B thread starter macrumors 6502

SD-B

No, I dont need to update!
    Unfortunately no one else now will answer as they think its been solved.
    Thanks anyhow

For anyone reading this Does anyone have ANY idea of what this refreshing problems is that I am getting with my screen?

I will be half way through typing something, for example in Facebook and all of a sudden I will find myself at a completely different box further down the page as my page just seems to refresh itself.

I will then scroll back up my page to the box i was in and can continue typing but its annoying nevertheless.

No one has any idea of whats causing this? :confused:

I wish i knew what word to use to describe my problem for then a search for any talk about it might be easier.
    I dont know if i should say my page is refreshing, or not?

Maybe looping around?