Screen problem

LeathaLurker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
There is a portion in the middle of my screen that is about 1/5th the width that shows either blinking blue lines or just a black bar, when i push in on the screen or twist it a little, it goes away...could this be due to a bad connection? So would I just have to unscrew the back and fiddle with the connector?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Either a bad/poorly attached cable or a bad LCD panel. You can mess with the cable if you're out of warranty and not squeamish about getting into electronics, but it's not a simple procedure. Make sure you have a good walkthrough and the right tools, and be very patient and careful if you decide to do it.

jW

LeathaLurker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
Well I took the back off and reseated the cable and that didn't help, I dont have the screw driver to take the hinges out, so I'm not sure if its the cable or not...if bending the panel makes it not mess up that does indicate it is a panel problem?

dkmlam

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
I have the exact same problem with my 13" late 2006 MB. Any solutions?

Every time I put it in my bag and take it out, I have a strip of black and blue pixels that flash.

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Asheville, NC
Well I took the back off and reseated the cable and that didn't help, I dont have the screw driver to take the hinges out, so I'm not sure if its the cable or not...if bending the panel makes it not mess up that does indicate it is a panel problem?
Yes, that indicates it's a panel problem.