screen problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by handyman46, Dec 15, 2013.

1. handyman46 macrumors newbie

Hi. I'm having an intermittent problem with the screen on my MBP15" Mid 2010. Every few days some areas of the screen become scrambled as shown in this screenshot. Sometimes if I click on the area it returns to normal, sometimes it doesn't. On one occasion the whole window was affected in this way, but I found that if I did a three finger scroll to another open app, that window appeared normal and unaffected. If the scrambling won't disappear when I click on it, I do a restart, and everything is normal again. Can anyone please advise me as to what might be causing this, and whether there is anything I can do about it? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

IMO, the newest version of the Mail App is crap.

If you start to delete emails before all the pop-up notifications finish, they don't delete.

Sounds like a pain in the ass, but I would recommend reinstalling your OS... Personally I would start from scratch.

3. handyman46 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your suggestion, but I don't think it has anything to do with Mail specifically. It can happen anywhere, even the Dashboard. The screenshot just happens to show the Mail app logo, because on that occasion that's where the issue was. It appears in various parts of the screen and regardless of which app is running.