Screen problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jpl60, Jul 22, 2015.

1. jpl60 macrumors newbie

Does anybody know how to fix this? Hoping its not the Graphics card? After searching the issue and trying settings to check that grey scale is unchecked I can't find why it suddenly shows this two colour screen. When restarting there is half an Apple!

Attached Files:

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Your screen is dying, if you have applecare they'll replace it, if you don't then ask nicely and point out it must be a problem with the component and you might get lucky. They did have a fair number of problems just like this on the 27 inch imacs a few years ago and the airs have been known to do it as well.

As far as I can tell the only fix is to replace the screen.

3. jpl60 thread starter macrumors newbie

:) Its only 18 months old and didn't extend warranty so not what I hoped to hear but thanks for the reply.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I wouldn't atke it as gospel but that is the only information I can find on this issue.

If you are in europe you have 2 years for manufacturers defects, in the UK you can argue your case for up to 6 years....

5. jpl60 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Excellent take it to apple point out that it must be a manufacturing defect and calmly and firmly insist they fix it, don't take no for an answer and print out apples own blurb from the website about 6 years limited warranty from their website. They hate it but they can't argue that anything you did caused this.

Here is a link to your legal rights as apple themselves see them.

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

7. jpl60 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. jpl60 thread starter macrumors newbie