Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpl60

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
UK
Does anybody know how to fix this? Hoping its not the Graphics card? After searching the issue and trying settings to check that grey scale is unchecked I can't find why it suddenly shows this two colour screen. When restarting there is half an Apple!

Attachments

• IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    968.6 KB · Views: 84

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Your screen is dying, if you have applecare they'll replace it, if you don't then ask nicely and point out it must be a problem with the component and you might get lucky. They did have a fair number of problems just like this on the 27 inch imacs a few years ago and the airs have been known to do it as well.

As far as I can tell the only fix is to replace the screen.

jpl60

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
UK
:) Its only 18 months old and didn't extend warranty so not what I hoped to hear but thanks for the reply.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
:) Its only 18 months old and didn't extend warranty so not what I hoped to hear but thanks for the reply.

I wouldn't atke it as gospel but that is the only information I can find on this issue.

If you are in europe you have 2 years for manufacturers defects, in the UK you can argue your case for up to 6 years....

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Excellent take it to apple point out that it must be a manufacturing defect and calmly and firmly insist they fix it, don't take no for an answer and print out apples own blurb from the website about 6 years limited warranty from their website. They hate it but they can't argue that anything you did caused this.

Here is a link to your legal rights as apple themselves see them.

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

jpl60

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
UK
Excellent take it to apple point out that it must be a manufacturing defect and calmly and firmly insist they fix it, don't take no for an answer and print out apples own blurb from the website about 6 years limited warranty from their website. They hate it but they can't argue that anything you did caused this.

Here is a link to your legal rights as apple themselves see them.

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.