Screen problems on Apple MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soamz, Nov 2, 2013.

1. soamz macrumors 6502a

I'm from India and I'm looking to get the new MacBook Pro from USA , so no warranty for me. As of my experience, apple never goes wrong or hardly goes wrong. I'm still using my 2009 MacBook Pro 13 and never had any problems .

But now I'm reading a lot of forums telling about the tint on screen issues.
    How do we know we have this issue ?
    How to fix ?
    What if I'm India and can't come to USA for servicing or replacement ?

And yes yes, as far as I remember, apple has this problem since last year retina and they have fixed it yet ?
    Or is it a trick to make extra money in apple care ?

I have never required apple care for MacBook Pro 2009 till date.

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

well I am in India and i never had any issues with warranty. Most of my macbooks are purchased from out of India. Apple has an international warranty so you need not worry.

3. soamz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple has international warranty for MacBook Pro ?

I'm asking this, because iPhone is not covered under international warranty.

4. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

according to the authorized service provider there is no international warranty for cellular devices as it is region locked and they are region specific software.
    Other devices have international. Devices that do not are iPad 3g, iphone, apple tv.

5. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

Why not just buy it from an Apple Store in India? Just don't get it from some uncle ji in some.bazaar lol

6. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

That's not racist at all...

7. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

I'm from India... How is that racist?

8. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

If you're from India I guess it's not as bad, it's just full of stereotypes.

9. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

Its not a stereotype. Its true. Stereotypes are what other people think are true when its not. Like all Americans are fat and Canadians ride polar bears to school.

10. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

I don't mean to be a jerk, OP, but every additional thread on the MR forum with a title like "Screen problems on MacBook Pro" only serves to blow the issue even further out of proportion.

A very small percentage of displays will have genuine defects.

A greater percentage may have minor imperfections--i.e. slightly yellow gradients, slightly uneven backlighting, etc.--which the majority of users would never even notice. These issues are common to all IPS displays--not just Apple's--and unless you are an extremely demanding professional user, they would not be noticeable or significant enough to negatively impact your experience in any meaningful way, or to impede you from getting your work done.

At the end of the day, the odds are heavily in favour of you ending up with a great display.

On the flip side, given that very few if any IPS displays are "perfect", the odds are also good that you will manage to find a "fault" with any display if you look hard enough.

11. sabbyp macrumors regular

i'm from the uk and have purchased many apple products overseas. with applecare, I can take my laptop into any apple store worldwide and it will be fixed.

how do I know? I've had several trackpads and screens replaced on my laptops over a 10+ year period through the program.