Screen problems (this is really weird) Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Insulin Junkie, May 13, 2008.

1. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Folks =)

Well, I have a problem with the screen, might have mentioned it somewhere before in a thread, I'll outline it here. It happened the first time after I put it in a case with a magnet clasp.

Sometimes, especially after the iPod (1.1.4) hasn't been used in a while, (- I always just shut the screen off, I seldom power it down) my iPod screen shrinks ever so slightly, and a small white frame appears around the edges of the screen. When I turn the screen off the screen flashes slightly, sorta like turning off an old TV - it doesn't turn from picture to black right away, there's this sorta minor power down flash / stripe across the screen for a split second (how to explain this :rolleyes:) I hope you get the idea.

Anyhow, after I've been using it for a while it usually gets better, and it's gone completely some of the time.

I've had this problem even before jailbreaking (jailbreak worked perfectly, no issues there at all)

What I've tried:
    Restore (didn't do anything to mend the problem)

Oh, and don't say bring it back to apple because I've voided my warranty already:rolleyes: Yes, probably stupid since I could have waited with the jailbreak till my iPod was fixed, but alas. Also it's nothing major since the performance isn't stunted, it's just an annoyance.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has had similar issues and how (if at all) you fixed it.

Thanks!

2. Insulin Junkie thread starter macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

To make matters stranger still I've observed that my iPod only seems to be having those problems (hold your breath, folks)...during the day (!!). I can switch it on in the evening and it's all fine, then I shut it off, and back on again in the morning and the above stated problems are there. When I get home around the evening, the problem disappears. :confused:

Which leads me to believe that maybe I can switch the day / night detection thing off and it'll work fine all the time? Right, I'm well aware of the fact that I may be babbling garbage, but it's an observation that I made.

90 views and no replies... I guess you guys are as stumped as I am.
    Help!:mad:

3. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Well... how are you shutting it off? That happens to me when I do a forced-shut-down (hold both external buttons until power off)... do you 'slide to turn off'?

4. Insulin Junkie thread starter macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

First off, thanks for replying! As I think I mentioned, I don't usually power down all the time, I just shut the screen off using the button on the top. Sometimes I power it down by using the slider but I never power down using both buttons, because I haven't been given a reason to in the past. (I suppose I'll have to start doing that when my iPod freezes or something, but thankfully that hasn't happened yet).

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

yup... didnt read carefully

Dude, just restore it and take it back. A restored ipod touch is EXACTLY the same as a jailbroken then restored one. They wont know the difference unless you dropped it in a glass of water somewhere along the way...

6. Insulin Junkie thread starter macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

:confused:

Wrong thread? :)

I've been having the screen / frame problem before I jailbroke, as I already mentioned.

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

read what I edited above.

8. Insulin Junkie thread starter macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Really? Wow awesome, I thought they'd notice anyway. I'll definitely do that then.