screen problems with my macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GMANGRIFFG, Jun 5, 2009.

1. GMANGRIFFG macrumors newbie

okay, so ive had my macbook for just over a year now. only a couple days ago, when i had only closed the computer and not turned it off or anything like that, when i open it up, the screen will not come on. ive had to restart it 10+ times in only a few days. i think that the computer does not realize that it has been opened, because the apple that lights up when you use the computer does not light up. the computer acts completely fine when restarted, but its just getting on my nerves. has this ever happened to anyone else or does anyone know what to do?

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Have you tried closing and opening it again? Or pressing some keys/mouse button to see if that wakes it the rest of the way up?

3. GMANGRIFFG thread starter macrumors newbie

yup, the only thing it will respong to is holding down the power button. when i hit any other key, nothing happens.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

This may sound a little odd, but go to your Network preferences and see whether the Ethernet port is active or inactive. If its inactive, click on the gear at the bottom of the list of network ports and make it active. Then test the sleep function. Additionally, make sure you've run all your updates, there may have been a firmware update at some point in the past that wasn't installed.

5. GMANGRIFFG thread starter macrumors newbie

and how would i do all that? haha i found the ethernet but i dont see anywhere it says active or inactive.

6. fpar macrumors regular

I think its having problems sleeping, I had a similar problem while using insomniax. Try plugging it into an external display, if the internal display suddenly comes to life try an archive and reinstall. Good luck.

7. GMANGRIFFG thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont really have a way to plug it up into an external display :/
    but yeah i dont think it has trouble sleeping, it just has trouble waking up.