Screen protection & cleaning

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by abuleban, Feb 27, 2011.

1. abuleban macrumors member

So after much putting off, I bought the Radtech cloth to protect the screen of my 13" MBA, and so far it is doing very well.

That said, I did kind of put off getting it, and it has been getting squished in my bag with all of my books and such, so today when I was trying to clean the screen a bit, I noticed that the keyboard well and the top of the trackpad have left a slight, barely noticeable line on the screen. Seriously, you need to have the screen completely dimmed or off to see it at this point, so its not that big a deal.

Of course, I tried to scrub it out with some cleaning fluid and a cloth, but it's still there; any ideas for cleaning, or is this a repair thing? would the warranty cover it? and is it even worth the time & trouble?

thanks!:D

2. rkheyfets macrumors regular

3. abuleban thread starter macrumors member

thanks, yeah, its not a big deal really, and I have some iKlearm but can't find the large size cloth I had, just a small one that is kind of gunked up- I'll make a renewed effort to find it, we'll see what happens!

thanks!
    :D

4. ozred macrumors 6502

Nothing beats a clean microfiber cloth & rubbing alcohol. Easy, fast, inexpensive & versatile. Its the only way to avoid leaving residue behind. It will remove what iKlear won't.