Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abuleban

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Saudi Arabia
So after much putting off, I bought the Radtech cloth to protect the screen of my 13" MBA, and so far it is doing very well.

That said, I did kind of put off getting it, and it has been getting squished in my bag with all of my books and such, so today when I was trying to clean the screen a bit, I noticed that the keyboard well and the top of the trackpad have left a slight, barely noticeable line on the screen. Seriously, you need to have the screen completely dimmed or off to see it at this point, so its not that big a deal.

Of course, I tried to scrub it out with some cleaning fluid and a cloth, but it's still there; any ideas for cleaning, or is this a repair thing? would the warranty cover it? and is it even worth the time & trouble?

thanks!:D

abuleban

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Saudi Arabia
If you can barely see it and the screen needs to be dimmed just forgot about it, but if it really bothers you just clean it with iklear
http://www.amazon.com/Klear-Screen-...U6OI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298847781&sr=8-1
dont be afraid to use a little pressure it should come off.

thanks, yeah, its not a big deal really, and I have some iKlearm but can't find the large size cloth I had, just a small one that is kind of gunked up- I'll make a renewed effort to find it, we'll see what happens!

thanks!
:D

ozred

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Nothing beats a clean microfiber cloth & rubbing alcohol. Easy, fast, inexpensive & versatile. Its the only way to avoid leaving residue behind. It will remove what iKlear won't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.