screen protection for AG MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squaremon, Aug 1, 2010.

1. squaremon macrumors regular

squaremon

Hi guys,

i'm looking for a screen protection for my new MBP with the antiglare display that has a silver frame (border) around the display. I can't find any. All the ones I search online are for glossy display. Any recommends? Thanks :D

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

3. squaremon thread starter macrumors regular

squaremon

From greasy fingers

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I would say don't touch your screen. :). But to be frank, you're just going to degrade the quality of your matte screen by adding screen covers. Those screen covers for the glossy Macs are to make them matte-like, not to protect the screen.

5. squaremon thread starter macrumors regular

squaremon

I'm not worryin bout myself touching the screen cuz I won't. What i hate is when some random friends or whoever comes up and points its finger on the screen

6. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

Wipe it with a microfiber? Smudges don't show that much on the matte screen in my experience.

7. squaremon thread starter macrumors regular

squaremon

i guess getting a microfiber is the best solution for now. Thanks! :D

8. squaremon thread starter macrumors regular

squaremon

just something I found thats pretty interesting while surfing around looking for screen protector for the 15" matte screen. This guy nathan wong who lives in taipei taiwan is doing taylor home made AR screen protector for all computer products. The screen protector not only protects the screen from getting scratch but it also increases the clarity of display images. The process of applying takes about 70-90mins. There are a few who took their lovable matte screen mbp in for a screen upgrade already. You can tell a big difference from the pic but unsure whether it's a upgrade or not.

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/nathan5588/article?mid=1464

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/nathan5588/searchblog?p=Macbook+AG版&my=1

use google translator if you can't read

9. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

I use the shaggymac microfiber cloth which works well and I keep it in between the screen and keyboard when the notebook is closed for added protection.

10. squaremon thread starter macrumors regular

squaremon

thats the one i'm looking at right now and i might just get this, but don't the screen gets dusty when you keep it in between the screen and keyboard?

11. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

It has worked well for me and I don't notice anymore dust from it. I like it since it has a nice fit and seems to be made of good material. There is a coupon for I believe 10% off, just search with google and you should be able to find it as I dont recall what it was.

12. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

DanMacApple, you have a 32MB iPod touch? I am surprised you have can even load iPhone/iOS on it with such limited drive space. I have to ask though where did you buy that? I thought the smallest Apple produced were 8 GB.

13. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I feel you. I hate it when people point and touch the screen when they can easily just use the trackpad and use the cursor to point...

I tend to keep chopstick around now and smack their fingers when they get too close.

14. squaremon thread starter macrumors regular

squaremon

ROFL I should get a stun master

Attached Files: