screen protection for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brentg33, Oct 6, 2007.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

hey,
    thinking of getting an iphone tomorrow....and was wondering if i need a case/screen protection. I work p/t at an hockey pro shop and dust from the sharpener gets on my hands...i dont know if that would scratch up the screen or not, also be using it at the gym as well.....i watched the pcworld stress test and it seemed to hold up to scratches well...though i once brought a psp into the rink and the dust scratched up that screen....anyways....what if any cases for the iphone offer screen protection.
    thanks
    brent

2. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks, i was looking at that one, and picking it up at the apple store tomorrow.....do you think they would put it on for me?? iam always very bad at applying those types of things.

3. alanisrox69 macrumors regular

I reccomend the Brando one...I know I know..it's coming from Hong Kong, so it must be crap....Wrong!

I was sketchy at first too.

But I figured $13 was a bargain.

It came and let me tell you, once applied you can't even tell there's anything on the screen. No effect on clarity, no 'ripple' effect, and the touch screen works just like it did before applying!

I reccomend buying 2, I screwed up my first application because a piece of lint affixed itself to the adhesive.

Luckily I did order 2 when I bought them because I figured I'd screw up the first application.

It's only $3 per order shipping, any quantity. I got my protectors in less than a week.

You can find a more detailed review here, with pictures:
    http://www.macgirl.net/page2/page6/page6.html

and a link to buy them.

Great product!

-Derek-

4. PDE macrumors 68020

I just want to chime in with my opinion. I've tried several: Powersupport, Marware (the one included with the rubber case) and the Brando protector. I also have the bodyguardz one, but I haven't installed it.

Ok, i like the touch/feel of the powersupport one the best. It adds slight friction, but not so much to be in the way. Just feels really good under my fingertips. AND, best of all, smudges are not as visible. What I don't like at all is that because of the antiglare characteristics of this one, the display appears slightly grainy and not as sharp as without. I don't like the way it makes the screen look, but I like the antiglare part - it's a trade-off.

The marware one was excellent, clear and shows smudges. Seems very thin, but easy to put on and generally invisible.

The brando one is so far my favourite. Seems sturdy, covers all the way to the metal edge (as opposed to a fraction of a mm off like the other ones). Because it's so tight-fitting, it's a little more tricky to get on properly. I worked on it for probably 25 minutes before I got it right. It's easy enough, but require a little more patience and precision. It is JUST like having the naked screen - exactly the same feeling, smudges, clarity and everything. Very nice.

Finally the bodyguardz. I haven't installed it, but it actually feels surprisingly smooth without causing any friction. Maybe there's a little bit more friction that the powersupport one, but it feels pretty good and I can imagine that when it's on it would be nice.

Hope that helps.

5. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

6. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

7. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

I have been posting in other threads (seems to be so many on screen protectors), how I use Exim branded ones. Up until now I have always bought from ebay, but I found a link;

http://www.eximscreenprotector.com/

They are very high quality and I have used them on many devices, including my iPhone.