Screen protection for my macbook pro anti-glare screen

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jfinver, Apr 15, 2012.

1. jfinver macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to this question, but I apologize if there is already a thread pertaining to this...

I just got a macbook pro 15" with the anti-glare screen, I love it but am really anal about keeping my screen clean. I am always on the move and find that clients are constantly touching my screen when pointing to things. It drives me crazy to see all the fingerprints and worry about damage to the screen.

My question is, does anyone know of a good screen protector for the anti-glare screen? Since I did pay more to have the anti-glare I don't want the screen quality to go down. I have found a few options but haven't seen anything with really good reviews.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

Search eBay, they usually have good cheap screen protectors.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My MBP has a perfectly clean, fingerprint free display. It's easy.

The secret? I tactfully ask my clients and others to refrain from touching the screen.

Once a week I carefully wipe it with a fresh, clean, high quality micro fiber cloth moistened with a small amount of warm water, followed by a dry cloth to remove any residual dampness.

A little preventative maintenance works wonders. No money wasted on special cleaners designed to generate high grosses for the companies that sell them.

4. jfinver thread starter macrumors newbie

reply to matbook101: Yes, i know you can get something on ebay or amazon and I have looked... but I am looking for a good recommendation and specific products.

reply to ixodes: My screen is perfect as well. I spend lots of time keeping it that way. The point of my question is that I would like a recommendation on a screen protector, not advice on how to handle my clients.

Thanks for the input but still looking for a good recommendation...