Screen Protection - iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Fluttershy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Fluttershy macrumors regular

Fluttershy

So I put on a Belkin AntiGlare iPad Screen protector - and whilst it provides great protection and anti-glare, it totally undoes the awesomeness of the Retina Display.

Anyone else notice this?

2. Joey225 macrumors member

Any anti glare protector will do that, by necessity. The texture that prevents glare also decreases the sharpness of the screen when viewed through it.

3. Fluttershy thread starter macrumors regular

Fluttershy

Any suggestions on what a good screen protector would be for the new iPad without diminishing the retina display awesomeness.

4. LanEvo macrumors 6502

The cheap ones on Amazon, which are just a clear, plastic screen protector. The cheap ones where you can get like 3 for under $5.

5. FlameofAnor macrumors regular

From the comments I've read, the anti-glare screen protectors don't work well with the new high resolution iPad. I used the Moshi iVisor on the old iPad and it worked great, but it appears that with the new screen, it will obscure the clarity of the images. That may be the price to pay for that amazing new screen.

Anti-glare films diffuse light, so there's some loss of clarity. On the old iPad screen, it wasn't very noticeable..... on the new one, it is.

A clear protector may be the only way to go.

6. Built macrumors 68020

Power Support Crystal Film is the only protector I would ever use.