Screen Protection (PS, SGP and Wrapsol)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wowzera, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

I know we've lot of threads like this right now, but after a search I couldn't find the answer I am searching.

I am gonna get an Apple Bumper and the wrapsol ultra to protect the aluminum border of my iphone and the back. I've heard some people that says it will fit (Apple Bumper + Wrapsol Ultra) others say it won't. So, does it fit or not? Have anyone tried?

Also, for the screen of the iphone 4 I want to use a Power Support or SGP. I've heard that Power Support Crystal and SGP Ultra Crystal are very similar and won't affect the retina display, but they makes the screen oiler (because hand, finger and face contact).

Here's the SGP Steinheil EX Ultra Series:
    http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/...n-body-protector-set-steinheil-ex-series.html

Here's the SGP Steinheil Ultra Series:
    http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/...-screen-protector-steinheil-ultra-series.html

What's the difference between the Ultra Series and the EX Ultra Series? By looking at pictures I can't find a difference, neither FAQ. Do the EX Ultra Series offers the side protection?

Thanks.

2. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

you cannot use wrapsol with apple bumper, it wont fit right and buttons get out of wack. i like power support crystal shields they are the best imo. the sgp was good but i felt the power support was easier to install.

3. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good. So I won't be getting the Wrapsol anymore. Looking now at the power support vs sgp. Looks that the only difference between the SGP and the PS is that the last one is easier to install.
    Power Support does not offer side protection, right?

4. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

no side protection i would get lucky labs side wraps they are very thin and will not effect the bumper but will protect it from scratching and suck. i believe if you order before the 31 there is a 50 percent off code in the lucky labs thread. check it out

5. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

for front and back protection. I would consider Switcheasy Pure+.

6. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks but the luckylabs side protection isn't what I am looking. I am looking for invisible screen protections.

7. rperalta macrumors 6502

Anybody tried the PowerSupport with Pinto Slice 3 (it's as thin as films but protects the side and back. Thanks!

8. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's Pinto Slice 3?

9. rperalta macrumors 6502

The thinnest case for iPhone 4. It's very thin, almost same thickness of most shields. Their website is www.pinlo.com/e/products/iPhone4/Slice3.html.

I myself was thinking PowerSupport for the front and back and LuckyLabs for the side band. Now I'm torn between this and PowerSupport front and Slice 3 for back and side band.

10. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cases like that aren't of my taste. I still prefer something that is unnoticeable like Power Support and SGP.

11. rperalta macrumors 6502

How's the look of PowerSupport with LuckLabs since the material is different?

12. ctbear macrumors 6502a

PS's films are easier to install, but SGP's have much more precise cutouts.
    Your pick :)

13. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good. Do you know which one is better from SGP? I am probably picking up the SGP Steinheil EX Ultra Crystal Clear.

14. CrackedIphone macrumors newbie

15. LeroyTheGreat38 macrumors member

Do a lot of these screen protectors peel after daily use?

I want to keep the phone as thin as possible and was looking at a couple cases. But I started thinking about screen protectors. But my main concern is, after repeatedly taking it in and out of my pocket.

16. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

My current combo for naked protection is as follows:

Luckylabs for the antenna: Available in clear and colors, unlike the wet films it provides full coverage around buttons and the dock port. Also easier to install and cheaper than wet films.

Front/Back Switcheasy Pure+: Very precisely cut, separate hole for camera and speaker, looks invisible.

I want to try out the PS ones as the Switcheasy ones have bubbled up on me with some cases. Maybe the PS have a better static adhesive.

I have never tried the SGP but I have read that they are quite thick. Also I don't like the fact that they have a single large cutout for the camera and speaker.

17. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

I heard PowerSupport is the best of them all, quality products. But they don't offer side protection (aluminum border), otherwise I would pick them instead of SGP.

I dont think they do frequently. Some people reported it, but others reported that they still have it perfect.

Do apple bumpers still fit with Luckylabs?
    I don't think SGP has a large cutout, actually it looks to have a more precise cut than PowerSupport.

SGP still fits with an apple bumper though.

18. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Certain ones do if their adhesive is not very strong, but most of the more known company's like Power Support and SGP have really good adhesive so you should not worry unless you are rocking a very tight fitting case. In that case, it might bubble up any kind of shield on the corners of your iPhone.

19. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

SGP films scratch very easily if you pocket your phone like I do

You can also get the silver wraps from lucky labs... They match the iPhone band very nicely

I went with power support and have had no problems with them

20. LeroyTheGreat38 macrumors member

If the skin has a good adhesive and doesn't peel then I wouldn't get a case. I want to keep the phone as close to naked as I possibly can.

21. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Then get a full body SGP. there as close to naked as you can get.

22. rperalta macrumors 6502

I would go with PowerSupport. It comes with 1 pre-installation film, which you apply it first to the entire screen, it will remove any dust sitting on the glass before you put the actual screen protector. Hope that helps.

23. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Also, you can steam up your bathroom and apply it in there, it works perfectly every time and I have gotten no dust or bubbles every time I apply it in a steamed up place.

24. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

You mean apply it in the bathroom with lot of vapor of the shower? Why would someone do it? Does it reduces the dust in the air?

25. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yes, the steam from the shower will be in the room and it traps the dust and lint so to speak. Even though I m not exactly sure how it works you can see my thread on the Griffin Screen Care Kit Matte and the SwitchEasy PureProtect. Both I did using the steam method and they turned out perfectly.