Screen protection question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brentg33, Jul 8, 2010.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I know this has been asked all different ways on this forum....but...so i have an iPhone 4 and was paranoid for the first week or so because i didnt have a screen protector on it. I finally decided to order one and yesterday my wrapsol came in. I applied it to the front and back, and it kinda fits with the bumper on it but i am not really happy with the shinny look of it and feel and was thinking i like it better without it on. So, i guess my question is...I am generally very, very careful with my phone. When i carry it, it always goes in the same pocket by itself, etc, etc. with the glass reportedly pretty scratch resistant. what is the likely hood of actually scratching it if the phone is pretty much taken care of very well

thanks

2. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

the so called "scratch resistant" doesn't apply for the back. there's been a thread on here that showed the front side of the iPhone 4 having a hair line scratch

and no matter how well you take care of your iPhone 4, you are bound to scratch it

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

........if you don't have a screen protector............

OP just baby it until Power Support comes out with their Crystal Film Set. The initial outlay may be a bit high but it's the reason I always get top dollar on my resells. Much easier to not have to explain scratches of any kind then saying "well there are a few in the bottom but you can only see it when the moon is out" etc.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Any insight as to how the Power Support is better than Boxwave's Clear Touch Crystal set? I've used Boxwave's products in the past and they're very good.

$13 for a front/back set vs. $20 for a front protector seems pretty different, so I'm curious how PS is significantly better? (If PS is including a back-side film too, I didn't see anything on their site about it)

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I've never used boxwave products so, I cannot comment.

But The PS film will come as a set. $20 for a front and back film, like the other product.

6. aggiesrwe03 macrumors regular

I didnt have a screen on my 3gs and reall wished I had when I sold it becase it did have smone "minor" scratches on it from being in my pocket with my keys, pocket knife etc. I didnt get as much as I would have liked for it. It payed for my new phone and had a little left over but I prolly could have brought home at least $100 more if I had screen protector on the front and a case on the back. I agree the phone looks awesome without a case but if you ever want to get top dollar I wouldnt take the chances. Zagg makes a good product and you can keep the "look" for the natural phone. There is my two cents!