screen protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brentg33, Dec 21, 2007.

?

screen protection needed?

1. yes, i have scratches already

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. yes, why not be safe

22 vote(s)
    75.9%
  3. no, my screen is fine

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. no way! unless you carry diamonds in your pockets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

i know this has been asked before, and i go back and forth on whether i should get one for my iphone....but in general is screen protection needed? how hard is it to actually scratch the screen? i have recently read some post here where people have stated they have multiple scratches on their screens and its kinda got me worried...

thanks
    brent

2. amik macrumors regular

I use the power support crystal film and my wife uses the anti-glare film, both work well. If you watch a lot of videos or look at a lot of photos, the crystal film is nice, if you don't I think the anti-glare is preferable.

3. kimguroo macrumors member

I use best skin screen protectors. I like it so far. also it's cheap:D

4. zipper1022 macrumors regular

I remeber seeing one on youtube, it was put on by first spraying the screen then putting the film on then the guy showing it live through some really convincing scratch tests... I want to get that one, but cant remeber what it is. Right now I have the plastic that came on it when I bought it. I just cut off the bottom piece so I could use the home button...

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

6. zipper1022 macrumors regular

i figured out what teh one on yourtube one by a couple of searches and viewings

its shieldzones invisivble shield

it looks pretty good, the youtube videos shoes a bunch of scratch tests and i think it would be a good companion to my agent 18 case...

http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APLIPHONES.html

plus it was a lifetime scratch guarentee

7. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

My screen protector has a gash in it. I can replace that for next to nothing.

8. iphone103007 macrumors newbie

i like how there aren't any smudges with screen protectors.

9. DuFFy macrumors regular

10. DuFFy macrumors regular

I had an invisible shield on the front for a day and didnt see any benefit, the screen is pretty scratch resistant and it didnt seem to reduce the fingerprints or smudges too much, plus i had one little speck of dust under it that bugged the hell out of me. And i love the feel of the screen, Im not worried enough to deal with protection i guess...

11. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

cubbie5150

Power Support anti-glare here... One collateral benefit is that smudges aren't nearly as noticeable...& I like matte finishes on monitors/screens anyway..

12. zenmark macrumors newbie

I've got an ingenious plan for my iPhone: I carry it in a pocket with nothing else in it.
    As it now, my iPhone looks brand new every time it comes out of my pocket (due to the automatic polishing with the interior cloth from my pocket) and so long as you're careful when handling it and putting it in and out, its got no way to get scratched.
    PS: I plan on getting a screen protector, but I've been too lazy/cheap...

13. motomullet macrumors member

I have 2 tiny scratches on mine. I have no idea where they came from as I am very carefull and only put the iPhone in its own pocket. I'd suggest screen protectors.