Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onearsenewenger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Hey everyone, i am a new user and a very happy ipad user. However i need a screen protector because the screen is so dirty and WILL get scratched if i don't do something about it!. Now i know that power support make the best anti glare screens which is my preference as the screen is so damn reflective. However i am in the UK and £25 is way WAY too much for a piece of film... i have found a cheap one here on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANTI-GLARE-LC...s=63&clkid=7102008379805298570#ht_3837wt_1032
C

Would anyone be able to give to recommend this protector??? or perhaps another anti glare film of similar price...
I just cant get myself to fork out £25 which is like $35 for a screen protector. Its not right

Many thanks:)

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I am in the US and the problem with buying on ebay is you don't know. I ordered 3 cheap anti-glare screen protectors off of ebay to date and none of them are anti-glare or anything even close to it. A lot of times when you order off of ebay you don't know what brand you are getting so there is really no way to tell if those are good.

The other thing is the sellers don't always stick with the same brands so when you order one time if you like it, you can go back to the same seller, order the same product, but in reality it is a different brand of product they are selling.

The screen protectors really will protect your screen, but they probably won't be anti glare and it will probably start peeling up after about a month unless you have it in a case....This has just been my experience with ebay screen protectors for my phone and ipad...although I still do buy them because I want to master the art of installing them before I invest in one that will last.

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
Hmm. I've heard that having a screen protector distorts the iPad display making it look bad. I wouldn't suggest a screen protector if you absolutely don't need one. My friend has the invisibleshield on is iPad and took it off a week later because of the way it made his screen look.

mproudfoot

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Well, my take is that if you need an anti-glare protector, then you should really invest in the best as even the better ones do affect screen clarity - i shudder to think what some of the eBay AG ones could do..

That said, I ordered the PG anti-glare and promptly messed up the installation and had to bin it.. a decent waste of £25 so I can understand where you are coming from. In the end I ordered a clear one from ebay for £3 and it's fine - not anti-glare and still picks up fingerprints but it's easy to wipe, doesn;t affect screen clarify at all and it keeps my screen scratch-free which was my main motivating factor.

Mayo7

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
I can't speak for the other brands but the Power Support films are static cling so you can repeat installation until you get it just the way you want. Very low chance of messing up and trashing it. I got the power support crystal film and the installation was very easy and can't even tell it's on the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.