All iPads Screen protector...again.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rpearlberg, Nov 20, 2013.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

Just bought my wife the Air and she got the Logitech keyboard folio. We'll also be using this for our son (2 yrs) to play with on the airplane. I'm thinking I should also put on a screen protector...

I've always used Zagg in the past. What others would you recommend? Or just use Zagg or any other one...

2. ejisfun macrumors regular

Tech Armor (cheap but good) and Power Support (expensive but amazing) seem to be the two popular choices around here. These are both dry install screen protectors.

Personally, I don't recommend wet install screen protectors, though wet install body skins are great. I have, however, heard good things about Zagg's new hd line.

3. ejisfun, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  4. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I bought Super Shieldz screen protectors from eBay. I don't know where else they'd be available, but they are a dry install plastic, and extremely clear. Much better than the Zagg HD's I used to use on other devices. The Super Shieldz were 3 for $8 shipped. There are several sellers offering them. Most people cannot tell there is a screen protector on my phone and iPad, until I tell them. Worth a shot. ;)

P.S. Super Shieldz allow my finger to glide across the screen without any friction. Zaggs tend to be a little sticky.....

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Screen protector...again.

I recommend Tech Armor especially for your situation. If the screen gets scratched (screen being the screen protector) you can replace it for free. I have 4 free replacement packs from tech armor already before I even got my iPad (which I have now). I just wanted to prepare. All you do is email them with an order # and asking for replacements and they confirm your address with you, then they send a replacement pack. The replacement packs comes with the same contents that came in the original package that you bough.
    Tech Armor Apple iPad Air (Generation 5) Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [2-PACK] - Retail Packaging
    http://amzn.com/B00EL94Z4I

6. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks!! I'll probably to that since I can get it cheap on Amazon. I've never done the dry install, only the wet install...

HD Anti-Glare
    HD Clear
    Anti Smudge

Which one??

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Screen protector...again.

If you fail or it gets dirty you can always get free replacements again and again. I have these for all my devices and with. I bubbles. Dry install is quicker and requires no waiting for drying since it is already dry:)
    Your welcome.

----------

HD clear is the clearest, HD anti glare is not as clear but prevents fingerprints and adds a rainbow effect to the screen I think. I have HD clear because it does not take any clarity away. I use a screen cleaner everyday to keep the screen protector clean and fingerprint free. I do not see anti smudge...

8. N23 macrumors regular

I use to be big on Power Support, they were fantastic but expensive.
    There's plenty of screen protectors on Amazon, who work just as well as the big name brands for a fraction of the costs.

Just do a search and read some reviews.
    I've found the shower/steam install to be the easiest with just about all screen protectors.

9. Cutterschoice macrumors member

I just spent the last 30min installing the Spigen steinheil Ultra Crystal, really nice screen protector, I hate installing them, but went on perfect, had a bit of an issue with one of the corners slightly not sticking; however rubbing in circles solved it, looks pretty nice.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

I recommend Tech Armor personally. I'm using them on both my iPad Air and iPhone 5S and they're great. You can't tell there is a screen protector on their as the clarity and touch sensitivity is just as good.

11. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

I just bought, for the first time iSmooth HD clear. I always went with power support, but there's won't be available until mid December. For the price it seem really good. When using a stylus, it doesn't seem to be as easy to use compared to the power support. I cleaned the film with Monster TV cleaner and that helped.

12. sweetestbaboon macrumors member

sweetestbaboon

I've used Moshi iVisor AG on all my iStuff & absolutely dug it the most!

13. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I'm really happy with ghost armor. Been using for a few years now on my iPads and phones. I like that I can get installed at their kiosks in the malls.

14. ScottW1 macrumors regular

I will throw in a vote for Tech Armor. Tried them for the first time on my iPad Air, and was surprised to find the quality just as good as the Spigen and Power Support (which is what I always used before) for a fraction of the price.

I tried the "anti-glare" first, but didn't like the loss of clarity. Switched to the HD Clear and it looks perfect -- like there is nothing on the screen.

15. B2FiNiTY macrumors member

Using the tech armor on my rmini and it's pretty good when compared to the powersupport and other more expensive ones

16. donnaw macrumors 65816

+1 for Ghost Armor. I have it on all my phones and iPads. Have used it for years. The material this year is even better than before.

I originally put it on my iPad 1. I used it then gifted it my grand kids (2 and 5 at the time). I just traded it in to Target for the $200 gift card. Before the trade we took the Ghost Armor off. It was actually a bit scratched (couldn't see it when it was on) but the screen was pristine. They have a lifetime warranty.

Sticky fingerprints wipe off with a damp cloth, when my artist granddaughter tried to 'draw' on it with a ballpoint pen it survived perfectly and the ink cane right off.

Won't have a device without it now.

PS, had it installed. It's a wet install. I used to install Zagg on my stuff. Not any more, not worth it.

17. takeshi74 macrumors 601

What are you looking for in a screen protector? Crystal? Matte? Antifingerprint? Oleophobic? What did you like and dislike about the Zagg? What's your budget?

Don't overlook prior discussions as well. Screen protectors are a very common topic.

18. comptr macrumors 65816

19. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Tell us how ankers are. I recommend the clear version.

20. comptr macrumors 65816

Will do

21. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I have reviewed many products of ankers. Never tried their screen protectors.

22. comptr macrumors 65816

I have had good luck with past anker products thought I may try their screen protector.