Screen protector air bubbles

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by njguyfla, Sep 14, 2008.

1. njguyfla macrumors member

Has anyone had trouble with these and is there a solution?

I found a case for an Iphone at a Dollar Tree store for my Touch and bought it. I have to put it in upside down because otherwise the hole for the earphone would not match up. Instead this one has the hole for the port and small holes for speakers on each side. I may expand them to use the earphone jack

The screen protector sucks too. It had two tabs that did not come off right and left sticky residue on it. Then when I put the SP on there are air bubble.

All in all not a bad deal for $1. It has a cool belt clip the swivels sideways too.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That's What...

That's what you get for shopping for iPod accessories at Dollar Tree. :D especially when it says made for iPhone. That's a black flag right there.

priceless

at least it swivels. ;)
    (don't take it rude, but I thought it was funny)

3. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Air bubbles under the screen protector is the result of the way you installed it. You need to very carefully put it on making sure to squeeze out all air bubbles as you go along.

4. njguyfla thread starter macrumors member

It's hard the air bubble keep showing up in the same spot. It's okay because you can't see them once the screen in lit.

5. angels lust macrumors member

Buying a $1 case for your $300-$400 iPod seems kind of ridiculous...

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

7. njguyfla thread starter macrumors member

The iTouch was $200 and paying $20 for a case is more ridiculous.

8. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Its made of glass, screen protectors are a waste of money. Anything that could possibly scratch the glass would easily go right through some plastic sticker. The only thing that might be worth protecting is the crappy polished metal which scratches from a paper towel.

9. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I'd suggest either the anti-glare or the crystal film from Power Support. They are thick enough that they go down very easily with no air bubbles. The anti-glare cut down on reflections and fingerprints, at the expense of clarity. The crystal are totally clear, but don't help with fingerprints. Both are great at protecting the glass from scratches - I don't know about you, but I'd MUCH rather scratch a $10 film than my $300 iPod touch or my god-knows-how-much iPhone. ;)