Screen Protector all greasy/fingerprints?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by desol8tor, Jul 25, 2010.

1. desol8tor macrumors newbie

Try this!

Use a single drop of Goo Gone. This substance is an antigrease/adhesive agent (used for taking off stickers and sticker residue) and immediately removes all the grease and fingerprints from your screen protector. After wiping a few times with the Goo Gone, wipe it several more times with a damp cloth.

Now this stuff is pretty abrasive and I would suggest only using a drop. However, I've done this to my wrapsol screen protectors and it eliminates all the grease while providing some grease fighting properties to the screen protector at least for a couple of weeks.

2. GTghost macrumors regular

The screen protectors do get really greasy. If I use goo gone I wont have as much?

3. desol8tor thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. Now I wouldn't try other solvents like Goof Off or, god forbid, turpentine or mineral spirits. I can only speak for Goo Gone and I know that there are others out there that are even stronger than that.

4. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

just use a microfiber cloth on the phone and pick up some nutrogena face wash.

5. GTghost macrumors regular

Thanks I just tried this and it seems like it doesnt get that greasy as it use to before.