Screen protector and anything else?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Chuchichan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

I think I will make the plunge and purchase an iPhone 4 (I'm an iPod Touch, 2nd generation user now). So, before the phone arrives I'd like to purchase a screen protector and a case.

Do you all recommend both? I understand that if I do go for the screen protector that the PowerSupport anti-glare one is a good option. Does the anti-glare take away a lot from the retina display? Basically, I'm trying to keep the phone as simple as possible. A clear case would be nice if I do opt for a case.

Thanks in advance...

2. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

if you're clumsy, a case is recommended. but personally, i don't drop anything much, (good hands) so i'm using a wrapsol ultra as the only protection. i love the way the phone feels in my hand, and pretty much every case takes away from that feeling. the closest i've come to having a naked phone with a case is the SGP ultra thin. but in terms of screen protector, Wrapsol makes a wonderful full body kit and has a life time warranty.

3. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

The power support one is nice, I'd recommend you check out the Air Jacket on Power Support's Website. Its $40, but it comes with 2 of their screen shields (They sell for $15 on their own) and a really nice scratch resistant case that comes in Clear, Black, or a Smokey Color

4. Chuchichan thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you still have the antenna issue with the Wrapsol? Do you think the PowerSupport Air Jacket would better minimize the IP4 antenna signal issue?

5. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

They both will solve the issue just fine

6. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i like the speck see thru case its tight slim and protects the phone really good. power support screen protector for sure.. case is 24 bucks at target and power support are like 15 at apple or online.

7. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I would check out switcheasy.com. They have unique high quality cases that come with 2 screen shields. They ship quickly as well.

8. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

if you grip the phone with your entire hand and actively try to do the death grip, then yes, it does cause antenna issues. this is because the design of the wrapsol covers only the top of the antenna, leaving the narrow sides uncovered. when the fat of your hands manages to cover all parts of it, you will get signal loss. however, if you're holding it casually, you will not have problems.

9. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

although it makes the phone look worse, a case is highly advised.

10. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

What is the air jacket made from? Is it a rubbery material? or plastic?