Screen protector/Anti-glare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CW Jones, Aug 24, 2010.

1. CW Jones macrumors 6502

http://www.greenonionssupply.com/spmbp1504.html

My buddy just saw one of these and suggested it to me. I have the glossy screen and would like less glare. Anyone use this or something like this on their glossy MBP screen? Any loss in color, or balance of color?

Thanks!

2. CW Jones thread starter macrumors 6502

3. suburbia macrumors 6502

I would not recommend these "anti-glare" films: Besides the superficial aspect of possible small air bubbles trapped under the film, the film will always leave your screen somewhat blurry. There was an excellent review by one of the Mac mags that demonstrated how fuzzy/blurry the results were-- particularly when viewed on the side.

Some people may not mind the fuzziness at all-- and you may very well be one of those individuals, but I wouldn't be able to tolerate it.

Good luck :)

4. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

I tried the Moshi Ivisor on my 13in MBP. Took it off 2 days later. Like suburbia said, if you can deal with the blurriness its fine, but i personally hated it. Also you have to up the brightness by like 3 notches to get the same brightness you would without it on, lowering battery life somewhat.

5. PurpleMarmalade macrumors regular

I have the Moshi iVisor AG on mt MB 13". I, personally, could not live with the glossy display (not least because, in my office, the window is behind my desk, so all I saw all day long was my wonderful, handsome face staring back at me.)

Yes, it will not be as sharp as it is without the AG film on it. That is the sacrifice you make. But in terms of overall viewability, I much prefer my screen with the AG on. Note that I'm not a graphic designer, and don't care much about seeing 'true colours', etc. As long as I can concentrate on my work without distractions, I'm a happy bunny.

6. CW Jones thread starter macrumors 6502

I am definatly not the type to deal with ANY blurriness or fuzziness at all!! lol

I am a student/photographer/graphic designer.... if its not clear and sharp... I am not happy!

Thanks for the responces!

-Collin