screen protector concerns

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mxyamaha194, Jun 13, 2010.

1. mxyamaha194 macrumors newbie

i am still debating on what screen protector to buy (if any). i am not sure whether or not any of the screen protectors will effect the new display on the iphone 4.

they have made so many improvements to it and i would hate to cover it up.

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I have tried Zagg Invisible Shield, Bodyguardz, Ghost Armor, Wrapsol... and more. Of my own experience nothing compares to Wrapsol. I've read tons of reviews and watched drop/scratch/damage tests of them all and Wrapsol consistently gets a 10/10.

Of course, make your own decision... but in my opinion, Wrapsol is the clear winner. You can also preorder your 4G iPhone protection there as well. It covers the entire phone.

If you do end up getting it... use the discount code "chatter" for a 20% off discount. I found it through my own searching and reading reviews.

Good hunting!

3. mxyamaha194 thread starter macrumors newbie

but do any of these screen protectors effect the clarity of the display??

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Some will affect the clarity of display. I haven't experienced this on Wrapsol or Ghost Armor. The invisible shield has a more rubbery texture and does affect the display some. I say do some youtube research and come to a conclusion for yourself. ;)

5. mxyamaha194 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I hear great things about Wrapsol but i was wondering what is the difference between the ultra drop + scratch resistance and the original scratch resistance? Is the original thinner? I ask because i'll be using it with a vaja (only use the front film) and i want to make sure not to add to much thickness because i have seen other films like it (invisible shield) stretch the vaja cases. Thanks for the help.

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The original is a wet-application process. The Ultra is a dry-application. That's the only difference I have been able to understand. Apparently ultra is "better." I think they're both the same thickness.

8. UCLAkers macrumors member

sucks that you can't just order the front film for the ultra drop though. I would've gone with bodyguardz for the back (I don't like the wrapsol back having the separate individual pieces for the back/sides) and the wrapsol ultra drop film for the front.. mainly cause I'm a fan of the dry application for the front and cause powersupport says they won't have a front "crystal film" ready to sell by launch day.

think wrapsol's gonna have an option to buy separate pieces for the ultra drop film anytime soon?

9. psywzrd macrumors 68030

It's the same thickness as the original. This is a quote directly from wrapsol's twitter page: "ultra is the same thickness as the original screen film. "

10. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

Wow. A dry application? That's great. I like Invisible Shield and others that offer that type of protection. I've just always hated the wet application. It's so nerve racking. One little mess up and you've got liquid going into a place it shouldn't be. I will definitely be picking this up even if it is more expensive than others.

The only downside is that it looks like they only give you one protector whereas Bodyguardz gives you 2.