Screen protector fitting service

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Superman041, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Superman041 macrumors regular

Is there a place in London which offers a screen protector fitting service? Before many say it's not that easy watch a YouTube video, I've tried and can never get my Anker tempered glass screen protector straight with no bubbles etc.

2. DashSatan macrumors 6502

I can't really help you with finding a shop in London. But have you tried applying the screen protector in the bathroom with the hot water running and using a can of compressed air? That's almost a fool proof way to not have any bubbles. Always works for me.

3. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

It's more getting the alignment right too, as in straight, equal etc. Thanks anyway.

4. ctbear macrumors 6502a

You can try the hinge method. Before peeling any backing film off, line it up perfectly on the screen and tape it down along one of the edges. Then clean the screen, remove the backing and just install it.

5. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

I have heard of this method, I guess I'm pretty OCD about these things and thought there was a service that did this.

6. Jazper macrumors 6502a

I'm sure any repair phone shop will do this for you, for a huge fee most likely though. :rolleyes:

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

All you have to do is go into a low dust room. Then clean the screen then use tape to get rid of the dust remaining after pre cleaning the screen. Then install the protected by lining up the home button with the circular cutout if he glass and then lining up the earpiece cutout and press down a line in the glass and let the glass settle in.
    That's the way I do it.
    Just have a bright light above to see the dust easily.