Screen Protector for 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DukeVu, May 30, 2010.

1. DukeVu macrumors newbie

So, I just bought my 13" MPB a couple of days ago and I absolutely LOVE it! :). But....like most of you guys out there, I get really anal when it comes to protecting it. I already bought the case but have yet to find a good screen protector! I don't care so much for the anti-glare factor and what not. I need one that is scratch resistant and will get rid of all the fingerprints and oil smudges. I've looked at Power Support and other brands but they're all too expensive. So..what do you recommend for a screen protector for a 13" MBP that's cheap and is scratch resistant? :D . I'm willing to spend around $20.

2. caonimadebi macrumors regular

Glass screen is the last part on a 13" MBP that needs protection. It is sturdy and VERY scratch resistant. Just look at the screen on my first generation iPhone that has been unprotected since '07: it is still scratch free, and smudges are easily removed with the wipe of a t-shirt.
    Just be happy with the unprotected glass, if it ever gets dirty windex will make it squeaky clean right away. (I've been spraying windex on my uMBP since 2008 and it's worked great)

3. 301finest macrumors regular

4. DukeVu thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh, I've heard that a lot but although it is glass, it still isn't PERFECTLY scratch-resistant. I just want to protect my MBP in every way possible :eek:

5. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

I don't think they make any decent screen protectors for the MPB aside from the Anti-glare film.

6. Black.Infinity macrumors 6502

Black.Infinity

trust me you don't need it-your screen will be safe

7. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

Theres an awesome screen protector, its called "closing your macbook"