iPad Screen protector for ipad air 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dianestory2, Oct 24, 2014.

1. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

Anyone have any recommendations? I like clear, and not too expensive.

2. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

I've been loyal to amfilm for a few years now, they've never disappointed me. I would recommend them highly.

3. PixelpusherBV macrumors member

And I'd recommend MediaDevil - always used them with no complaints. Always excellent service & delivery.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

I use TechArmor on my iPad Air and plan on using the spare one on my iPad Air 2.

5. puma1552 macrumors 601

I've got a Power Support crystal film being delivered today. It's made for the Air 1, but AFAIK the Air 2 cutouts are identical - far as I know the outer circumference of the touch ID ring is the same as the old non-touch ID home button.

6. berthaconners macrumors member

7. jcborden macrumors member

For those that have actually put your clear screen protectors on their iPad Air 2 have you found it added back all the glare saved by the new screen?

I put my normal one on (ElecShield, used on my iPhone and iPad Air) and found there was a lot of glare again so have taken it back off... Would be very interested to hear which protectors genuinely don't add any glare - but not the horrible anti-glare ones that ruin the screen clarity!

8. berthaconners macrumors member

I mean, the amfilm one is great for me. I can't even tell it is there.

Here's a link to the amazon page.

9. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

After giving away all of my Zagg products, I began buying these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200982496245
    I bought them the first time, because the seller was close to me. I continued buying them because they are crystal clear, ultra smooth, not too thick or thin, apply easily, stay on great, and come off without problems. Oh, and the price is excellent.

No affiliation, just a very happy customer. ;)

10. puma1552 macrumors 601

i put my air 1 screen protector on my air 2. fits the same, but there are two cutouts at the top, one for the camera and one for the air 1's ambient light sensor, which the air 2 doesnt have - so the front panels between air 1 and air 2 are not identical, unfortunately

11. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

The screen protectors I linked above only have a cutout for the home button and camera. I already had one left, but wondered if it would accommodate the Touch ID. It does, and I ordered another pack. My wife picked up an Air 2 yesterday, so I'll have to hold my breath until the protector arrives in the mail. She's not entirely careful with electronics.... :(

12. mrgossett macrumors 6502

Just put the Tech Armor protector on my Air 2 and it fits perfectly.

13. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

I've always used protectors on my phone but it's not like my iPad is ever in and out of pockets. Never had a scratch (knock on wood)

How hard is it to apply one of those without getting dirt lint or bubbles on it?

14. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I did the same thing. Tech armor is great!

15. bobright macrumors 601

I put a Tech Armor on mine as soon as I was done running some pixel tests etc its very precise. I love it nailed it on the first time with not one piece of lint. I recommend it.

16. hoxuantu macrumors newbie

Do you apply TechArmor on Air 2 easily? I am afraid of bubbles.

17. Benz63amg macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

i have a tech armor screen protector on my iPad air 2 as well, love it great screen protector and yes i assume it does as more glare to the screen but i rather have my screen protected and have a bit more glare to the screen.

18. bobright macrumors 601

I don't notice any extra glare it actually almost feels like the bare glass of course with a tiny bit less clarity. I'll post some pictures tomorrow no bubbles at all.

19. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

You can't post pics of a screen protector if it is installed perfectly. It's too clear to notice:). Lol

20. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

Yeah, I love when people post pictures of their invisible screen protector..... Might as well take a picture of the naked device haha

21. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Only time I find it necessary to post screen protectors is for the iPhone 6/6+. The screen is curved and people want to know if it fits properly.

22. bobright macrumors 601

I just wanted to ease the posters mind above that it doesn't go on bubbly

23. dianestory2 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mind = eased :)

24. briannaharbor macrumors member

I'll agree with the 2nd comment, amfilm has been great for me. Never had issues.

25. LFCYNWA macrumors regular