Screen Protector for iPad mini 4

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by witchkitten, Sep 20, 2015.

1. witchkitten macrumors newbie

Do the screen protectors for the iPad mini 3 fit the iPad mini 4? I believe someone mentioned a mini 2/3 case not fitting because the iPad mini 4 is taller than the older minis but I'm not sure by how much.

2. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

No. I saw another post here, and they poster was complaining that they didn't. The Mini 4 is taller than the 2 and 3.

3. leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

No screen protectors and very little cases about

...what's going on? usually there are loads fighting on Amazon to sell (even if they don't fit)

4. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

The secret was too well kept. Tim doubled down!

5. leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

Well kept secret which I think he wanted to keep well

If you blinked you would have missed the comment made about the release of the Mini 4 at the conf.

6. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Agreed. I noticed that as well. BUT I did notice it and was very excited by it.

7. witchkitten thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation How long do you think before mini 4 cases and screen protectors come out? I've never bought an iPhone when the screen size had just been changed so I never had to worry about this before. I'm happy with the Apple case but I think I might also want a sleeve for extra protection sometimes and I'm assuming the previous mini sleeves won't fit either.

8. witchkitten thread starter macrumors newbie

Bumping my own thread because I'm wondering if there are any screen protectors for the iPad Mini 4 yet. I still haven't found any and I'd feel much more comfortable taking my iPad out if I had one. Thanks in advance.

9. newellj macrumors 601

I think there are some on Amazon. I did something sort of crazy - I bought a Tech Armor ballistic glass protector for an iPad 2/3 and put it on until the correct one is available. The only "issue" is that it's about 2mm short at the top end of the iPad, which actually isn't feeling like a big issue for me, so I procrastinate significantly before pulling it off and replacing it with the correct piece.

10. fingleburt macrumors member

11. CaptMarvel macrumors 6502a

CaptMarvel

ArmorSuit has some via Amazon. I prefer Tech Armor, but hey that's just my personal preference as I've used them for a few years.

12. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

BEST BUY ROCKS!!
    I applied the screen protector from above with 1 small dust spot dead center. Grrr, I tried to get it out but got 3 more instead.
    I called Best Buy to see if they could install one but they said they didn't stock a glass screen protector for the Mini 4, so I asked if I could provide it and they said YES ! So I bought a different brand off Amazon for 9.99 delivered and it came in the mail today. I called again to verify they would do it, and got a yes again. lol
    So I went in and walked up to the Geek counter and the guy looks at me and says no. I argued that I'd been told yes twice and a young girl there looking sheepish said, I thought we would o_O
    He said no can do because there's not another screen protector and in the event they messed up the first one they couldn't replace it. I said go ahead that I would not hold it against him if they couldn't do it and so they took it to the back and plopped right on there. Perfect installation..
    BEST BUY ROCKS :D

13. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Search Amazon for iPad 4 glass and there are several for 10 to 15 dollars.

14. newellj macrumors 601

Nice story. Best Buy is a much better store than most people give them credit for. :thumbup:

15. Facann macrumors newbie

For myself, I don't quite trust Amazon even though it can be cheap sometimes, there are other good brands like Zagg or BodyGuardz, but I am trying another brand Jedi Shield these days for my ipad mini4, the tempered glass screen protector is great and i got 25% off for my order ;)

16. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

The screen glass screen protector that Best Buy installed for me was a 40 dollar item, marked down 75% found here.
    After using it for 2 weeks, I can say that it is a fantastic product. I can't tell that I have a screen protector on my iPad Mini 4, except it is no longer a fingerprint magnet. It is still on sale for 9.99 as of this posting. Highly recommended. And oh yea Best Buy Rocks!