Screen Protector for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RiceRacerDX, Jun 8, 2010.

1. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

I like peace of mind. With that said, I plan on having a screen protector (or better yet, a protector for both the front and back) on my new iPhone 4. But considering that Apple is doing away with screen protectors of any kind in its stores, this will not be an item that I can pick up and apply on launch day. So I would like to get my hands on one online or something before then to prep myself.

Does anyone know if there is a screen protector (or phone "shield" protector) available yet for the new iPhone 4? Preferably, I would like an anti-glare protector.

Found one so far: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-4-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php
    Found another lol: http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-C...ti-GlareAnti-Fingerprint-Screen-Protector.asp

Alright, I guess this thread can just be the film protectors for iPhone 4 thread, lol.

2. Rickvb28 macrumors newbie

3. Rychiar macrumors 6502

Rychiar

4. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Why? I've never seen a poll asking if you've scratched the screen of your iPhone but if it's as good as Sapphire Crystal like the video says... You won't need it. My Movado and Tag watches have that crystal and it's well.... perfect.

5. burnside macrumors 6502

I was wondering the same. You think we don't need screen protectors now? I'm not ready yet to put a new iphone in the same pocket as my keys, but it would be nice to know that it wouldn't hurt the glass!

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I've seen quite a few iPhones/iPod touches with scratched screens. On my 3G before I had it replaced, there was a tiny scratch in the middle of the screen, but I could only see it when I was cleaning the iPhone. They aren't easy to scratch, but they can scratch. Many people use knives in scratch tests, but I think that rocks and sand and related small particles you may have in your pockets can scratch them. I'm going to try to find hard preferably antiglare protectors for the front and back of my iPhone 4.

7. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

The first 3 iPhones needed something to protect the back. I'll put money we all own at least one rear cover. Now that there's a new and hardened crystal glass on the front and the back I seriously doubt we need protection on them. Note that Apple for obvious (smart) reasons state the new aluminosilicate glass is scratch resistant not scratch proof. This glass is new to the iPhone 4 so no one knows how it will really hold up. Can you scratch the iPhone screen? Yeah, but it's really hard to do and when I've seen a broken Touch or iPhone screen it's because they 'dropped' it on concrete.

There are tons of youtube vids like this one from PC World trying to abuse the phone and see how it holds up.

I cared for my first iPhone like it was my first child. Now, all I need is that bumper guard Apple's showing on their site and I'm good. :cool: