Screen protector for iPhone 6s/6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dominick624, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Dominick624 macrumors regular

Will you be using a screen protector for your iPhone 6s/6s Plus? If so, why? I'm still deciding whether to use one, and if so which. If I did, I would probably go for the Zagg HDX since I'm not sure if the Glass will affect the 3D Touch yet.

Anyway, the 6s is supposed to come with the "most durable glass on a smartphone in the market." I've had the 6 and after I got the screen replaced by apple (for the front camera misalignment issue), the new screen has hairline scratches that I can feel. I'm pretty sure I got them after I went to the beach and after I wiped the screen of sand, so I assume that the sand scratched the screen or the oleophobic coating, or whatever. So I'm not too sure if I should just get a screen protector for the 6s since they improved the screen, and because I like the feel of the screen without a protector. I just don't want the same thing to happen to my 6s.

2. ftlum macrumors regular

I'll be getting a screen protector, though I'll be waiting to see if people have any problems with tempered glass ones. Given that force touch on the watch is ok, though, I'm not anticipating any problems.

From what others have posted, the 6s will be using gorilla glass 4. Samsung Galaxy s6 users have complained about how one of Samsung's own cases scratches their phones up, so it looks like the iPhone will also be susceptible to scratches too.