Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mango316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Anyone here has screen protector applied on their Macbook Pro Retina 13" or 15"? Do you feel the need for it or wasteful? Inputs please! Thanks

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I don't know annyone that uses one

Anyone here has screen protector applied on their Macbook Pro Retina 13" or 15"? Do you feel the need for it or wasteful? Inputs please! Thanks

Apple don't really recommend it due to the incredibly tight tolerances between screen and keyboard.

What with stories of screen coating rubbing off it could be a double edged sword. On the one hand it may protect the screen from the coating rubbing off. On the other it may cause the coating to come off when you replace it!!!

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
You're not touching the screen it or carrying the laptop in your bag while it's open so what's the point of a screen protector?

mango316

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
You're not touching the screen it or carrying the laptop in your bag while it's open so what's the point of a screen protector?

Yes true but I guess I'm too paranoid and don't want any smudges or accidental scratch happen to the beautiful retina screen. :)

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
Yes true but I guess I'm too paranoid and don't want any smudges or accidental scratch happen to the beautiful retina screen. :)

I know what you mean but just exercise some common sense when working around or moving your laptop and you'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.