screen protector for macbook retina 15 ?

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Hi, when I close my lid on my macbook retina 15" , all of the keys on the keyboard leaves an imprint on the screen. There is no keyboard protector . So I was thinking of shaggymac keyboard protector ? it's a micro fiber cloth that covers the screen, but also keeps the keys from touching the screen . Has anyone tried it before ?

Higuys1

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2014
Hi, when I close my lid on my macbook retina 15" , all of the keys on the keyboard leaves an imprint on the screen. There is no keyboard protector . So I was thinking of shaggymac keyboard protector ? it's a micro fiber cloth that covers the screen, but also keeps the keys from touching the screen . Has anyone tried it before ?
This is not supposed to happen! I would consult with a genius or just exchange it out.

simonsi

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
It shouldn't need a keyboard protector as the keys shouldn't touch. Has this happened from new for a year??

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
all the keys leave an imprint on my screen when the lid is closed , no keyboard protector or anything on it . So I was just thinking of getting the screen protector that covers the whole screen while also separating the keys from hitting the screen . Wouldn't that also clean the screen as well ?

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
all the keys leave an imprint on my screen when the lid is closed , no keyboard protector or anything on it . So I was just thinking of getting the screen protector that covers the whole screen while also separating the keys from hitting the screen . Wouldn't that also clean the screen as well ?
my mbp also did the same thing, the keys would imprint on the screen. but i'm not to worried about it, just clean it with damp cloth.

screen protector imo is not necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.