screen protector for macbook retina 15 ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anonymous4a, Jan 7, 2014.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

Hi, when I close my lid on my macbook retina 15" , all of the keys on the keyboard leaves an imprint on the screen. There is no keyboard protector . So I was thinking of shaggymac keyboard protector ? it's a micro fiber cloth that covers the screen, but also keeps the keys from touching the screen . Has anyone tried it before ?

2. Higuys1 macrumors newbie

This is not supposed to happen! I would consult with a genius or just exchange it out.

3. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

It shouldn't need a keyboard protector as the keys shouldn't touch. Has this happened from new for a year??

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Unless the frame of the Mac or the display is bent that should never happen.

6. anonymous4a thread starter macrumors 6502

all the keys leave an imprint on my screen when the lid is closed , no keyboard protector or anything on it . So I was just thinking of getting the screen protector that covers the whole screen while also separating the keys from hitting the screen . Wouldn't that also clean the screen as well ?

7. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

my mbp also did the same thing, the keys would imprint on the screen. but i'm not to worried about it, just clean it with damp cloth.

screen protector imo is not necessary.