Screen protector for the back

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jumpman2033, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

Is there any back protector comparable to the PS anti-glare? I would love to put a PS anti-glare on the back of my phone but unfortunately they don't offer one. I don't want to deal with fingerprints, but i want a clear back with minimal distortion.

2. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Clear-coat is great.

Marc

3. Jumpman2033 thread starter macrumors regular

Does it have the same smooth feel of the anti-glare?

4. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

A lot of people like the PhantomSkinz matte back

5. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, Phantom Skinz is good. It's got a slightly more rubbery texture to it but IMO that's not a bad thing. The quality is very good (been using it for a month or so with only a minor issue or two) and I don't have to worry at all about fingerprints, etc.

6. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Ghost armor. You can either choose a matte finish back or just the clear. I have tried both no enjoy the matte back more. I have the clear now, also the sides match the back. So if you get the matte finish, the sides that come with it also are matte.

7. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

i'd go for the PS crystal, ive had it on my ipod touch for 2 years and its exceptional.

8. Jumpman2033 thread starter macrumors regular

As for the Phantom Skinz and Ghost Armour, do they have a rubbery feel to them? I used ZAGG for my 3G and hated the feel. I really don't want to get into a wet install either. Again,this is why i love PS anti-glare.

Thanks for your input bu the way. It is really appreciated. I hate completely covering the iphone 4. Its simply to nice to put a big case on.

9. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Phantom Skinz is slightly rubbery but nowhere near as bad as Zagg. When you pick the phone up from a hard surface the phone doesn't stick and you won't feel like the skin is going to peel off (unlike Zagg).

But if you don't like wet installs then Phantom Skinz won't work for you.

10. Jumpman2033 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have any experience with wet installs, which makes me shy away from them.

If that is my only solution then i'll give it a shot. I just wonder why companies don't make matte backs (like PS Anti-glare).

11. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I didn't use to like wet installs either but once I did it, it started to be my preference. Having the flexibility to move the protector around and adjust it once it's laid down is the primary reason why I like it.