Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
I just bought a belkin iphone 5 screen protector and applied it to the screen, and now the screen looks all grainy/fuzzy. Is there anything I can do about this?

I'd like to point out that other people which I've seen on YouTube about the reviews of this protector didn't experience same problem as me:(

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I just bought a belkin iphone 5 screen protector and applied it to the screen, and now the screen looks all grainy/fuzzy. Is there anything I can do about this?

I'd like to point out that other people which I've seen on YouTube about the reviews of this protector didn't experience same problem as me:(

I had a belkin screen protector.

Absolute ****. Take it back, demand a refund. Buy an SGP or similar.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
Yeah, there isn't anything you can do besides take it off :( I would go with the SGP too, or Ghost Armor is good, but can feel a little tacky. I have it on my iPad and I do like the feel of it.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Get one that doesn't affect image quality. Check the existing threads for suggestions. Crystal screen protectors are your best bet. Anti glare, anti fingerprint, etc are more likely to affect image quality.

I've been very happy with SGP and Power Support but there are plenty of other options as well.

Devstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Okay. Thanks all, I guess I'll be going with the SGP ultra crystal series then.

scyap

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Just applied my SGP Ultra Series Oleophobic. It does NOT ruin my screen in anyway. In fact, it looks as if there isn't even a screen protector there!

easygo

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
mirror protector

mirror protector is easy to be used, and if there is any dot when post, you can redo it easily

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Okay. Thanks all, I guess I'll be going with the SGP ultra crystal series then.

Don't get the SPG Ultra Crystal!! you'll spend all your time cleaning the screen. Get the SPG Ultra Optics. Nice and clear plus fingerprint resistant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.