Screen protector help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AlexAndBandit, Mar 10, 2009.

1. AlexAndBandit macrumors newbie

Hey there,

So I'm going to get a 3G iPhone in about 2 weeks and I was looking into screen protectors. I wanted some outside advice. I have seen a couple of choice.

:apple: Switch Easy - Pure Reflect
    :apple: Switch Easy - PureAR
    :apple: Zagg - Invisable Shield

(If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know)

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Steinheil's Anti-Fingerprint Film works better than the PS Anti-Glare but feel free to check out both. The SGP store is found here, while the PS is just found at the Apple store (online or in-store).

3. AlexAndBandit thread starter macrumors newbie

"Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint for iPhone 3G" is what I'm looking for? And is this like the 'best' in terms of protection, and anti-smudge?

4. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Im a big fan of the Power Support Series of screen protectors. I have used both the Anti-Glare and the normal screen protector. The Anti-Glare does a great job and also cuts down on finger prints big time, but it dims and dulls the screen big time as well. The normal screen protector goes great, maybe even makes the screen alittle brighter than with nothing on at all but it really picks up finger prints and skin oils from having the phone up to your ear. I have used them both with the InCase Slider, InCase Rubber Case, and another clear plastic case that just covers the back of the phone and they have had no fitment issues with any of those cases.

5. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

i too use the screen fils from powersupport. they're cut better, especially around the edges, which is important in preventing the film from lifting from the surface of the screen. i used the cheapies for a while and they all had the same issue while the powersupport films didnt. plus they offer it in a matte finish that, imo, improves visibility in bright sunlight.

i had the invisibleshield protection kit on my iphone for about a week before i removed it and tossed it. the screen film is especially poor with orange peel texturing and a grippiness that tends to interfere with sliding your finger across the screen... altho it made it easier to type on. but the cons outweighed the pros.

6. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

+1
    I use the plain crystal film set. I highly recommend it.

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

If your going to an apple store just save yourself the time and pick up the Power Support screen protector. Crystal or Anti-Glare are your choices.