iPad Screen protector iPad air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aarongrooveremt, Mar 7, 2015.

1. aarongrooveremt macrumors newbie

Hey just wanted to see who actually uses screen protectors for the iPad air 2. I got one and just took it off because 1, just did not look right. 2, for some reason i love the touch of the screen. 3, Im not carrying it in my pocket or throwing it around like my phone. What do you guys think?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I have never had a touch issue with any screen protector i've used. When I had the Air 2 I did put a screen protector on it because the anti glare coating that's on the screen tended to accumulate a fingerprint buildup, more so than on the previous screens. I found less fingerprints on the screen protector than on the glass itself.

It's for you to decide what works best for you.

3. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

I'm not using a screen protector with my Air 2. It feels counter-intuitive to me to get a device with a fantastic screen and then cover it up with a protector. I didn't have one on my iPad 2 either and four years later it still doesn't have any scratches on the screen (it has some bumps in the frame, so I didn't particularly baby it). Likewise, my Nexus 7.2 also doesn't have any scratches.

I get protectors for smaller devices that live in bags and pockets, and those that have cheap glass or plastic screen surfaces.

4. double329 macrumors 6502

I have use screen protector in few different devices in the past. I have not seen any issue. I am now using tempered glass screen protector on all my devices including Air 2. It is much better than the plastic.

5. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

With the scratch proof glass and the anti-glare coating of the latest iPad, I just don't see the point of putting a barrier on the screen unless it's being used for work that is especially dirty or if it's stuffed in a bag with other things that may scratch it. Just get a Smart Cover or Smart Case. That should be enough. Smart covers can be had on EBay for less than 20 bucks, and they work nicely.

Any screen protector I've used has caused a diminished responsiveness to the touch screen. I'm not saying they are totally pointless, but I do think it's a bit of an unnecessary precaution unless you use it for outdoor work/GPS etc...

6. liquorice macrumors regular

liquorice

I have a case that covers screen when not in use, so see no need for a screen protector.

7. ventuss macrumors 6502

I'm on my 4th iPad and 2nd iPhone and I never used a screen protector, and trust me, never had a scratch, even using current ipads for 7-10h a day.

Just fast clean it with your shirt or any corron or microfiber fabric every other day (takes seconds) and use a smart case or smart cover and you'll be fine.

8. Alphazoid macrumors 6502a

Alphazoid

I have one installed and i'm so glad i do. I accidentally landed one of the prongs of a dangling power outlet on the screen. Had a screen protector not been installed i'm 98% sure i'd have scuffed or cracked the screen.

But luckily the screen protector took the damage (tear) and the screen remained intact.

I don't trust Gorilla glass or similar and i don't have 200 bucks to spend on screen replacements so i'm always safe than sorry. Besides the people who say you don't need it won't be there to help you if and when things go wrong.

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

This... It is what I used on my iPad Air...I bought from AT&T store I can't remember brand name but it is bit pricey. :apple:

10. Acevesx macrumors regular

what glass screen protector do folks recommend for the air 2?

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

My iPad Air 2 does not have a screen protection because it already have so many scratches so why bother?