iPad Screen Protector - iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RWil85, May 19, 2014.

1. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I'd love to leave the Air's screen naked - but, don't have the nerve.

Anyway - was looking at the following two models:

I've had the Spigen model listed below for the iPhone 5 and loved it. Just curious If anyone has had it for an iPad and could comment on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Prote...sr=1-1&keywords=Spigen+ultra+crystal+iPad+Air

The glass screen protector listed below is $27 (way cheaper than all others like it for the iPad Air) and, seemingly, has decent reviews on Amazon.com. Was wondering if anyone here on MR has had any experience with it as I'm sure a review from you might be more along the lines of what I need to hear than a random amazon reviewer (maybe, lol).

http://www.amazon.com/TechPro-Shatt...40&sr=1-22&keywords=Screen+protector+iPad+Air

Maybe someone could even suggest a different model they've had good fortune with - any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. larrygornick macrumors member

Since Glass is a really new product, i would wait on that until the producers work out all the kinks. Sometimes they just need some time to hear back from the first few customers and then revise their products based on the happiness/madness of the reviews, and then the adjust their products in China or where ever. For the time being, i would recommend sprigen, tech armor, amfilm, (not really supershieldz) or one of those big competitors. Just check the reviews, and wait for the glass to have evolved into a bit of a better product. :)

3. Supacali macrumors newbie

Powersupport is what has always been recommended going back to the days of the iPad 1. They are around $30 and has high marks with iPad users. I have one on my 4. Search this forum, lots of posts on it.

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I agree with PowerSupport for top rate screen protectors. I'm not sure if they have glass ones but their regular ones are top notch, easy to apply and hold up well. I have a Bodyguardz glass screen protector on my iPhone. It gives great protection and works well. I've dropped my iPhone on the edge and the protector shattered but kept my screen intact with no damage.

However, I have not been interested in the glass protector for my iPad Air. I like the Air due to it's lightness compared to the previous iPads and want to keep it that way. A glass screen protector on the iPad would add quite a bit of weight. I had a plastic protector on it but not am running with no protector on it. I've always been crazy about trying to keep my products pristine for trade-in but for my last iPhone and iPad I didn't go overboard with ultimate carefulness and just used them. I got the same value trade in as when I was super careful. So now I purchase the iPad or iPhone and get case or protection works best for my needs and don't worry. I usually get the iPhone $99 protection plan from Apple cause I like a very slim case (doesn't really offer anything other than minor scratch protection). For my iPad I go back and forth between an almost naked iPad (white carbon fiber type skin on the back for grip) and and using it with a Logitech keyboard. I really only pull it out when I'm sitting down so I don't feel the need for the extra protection like the phone. The phone is pulled in and out of a purse or pocket on the go and has a much greater chance of getting dropped.

i know, I know - way too much information.