Screen Protector Needed?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by FrankySavvy, Jul 13, 2017.

1. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

Hello All

I just got an iPad Pro 10.5" and I plan to do a lot of Apple Pencil drawing on it. I am nervous about scratches as my previous iPad Pro did scratch. I am not exactly sure how it scratched but I think it was from an old cleaning cloth I used that might have had some debris in it.

I do not bring the iPad out of the house much but due to the extensive pencil work I plan to do, should I get a screen protector or just keep the screen free of debris that might get caught by the pencil. BTW I have always had the Apple smart cover, so the screen is covered when not in use.

What screen protectors are you using or are you using one at all?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If you're concerned about scratches and want as much protection as possible, then I would suggest a screen protector in your situation.

The other reason I suggest a screen protector, is it is possible to scratch the display when using the Apple Pencil if their was debris on the screen or the Pencil tip was dirty you can't see when drawing. But in Best cases, using a clean microfiber cloth regularly makes a difference as well.

3. FrankySavvy thread starter macrumors 65816

I am really reaching out to people who extensively use the Apple Pencil, I wouldn't get a screen protector other wise.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 13, 2017 ---
    I agree.