Screen protector or Full blown case protection

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by speeddevil45678, Jul 3, 2008.

?

Screen protector or Full blown case protection?

Poll closed Jul 11, 2008.
  1. Screen protector.

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  2. Full blown case.

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  1. speeddevil45678 macrumors member

Hey, i was looking for protection for my future 3G Iphone and i was looking at cases. Most of the cases, i think, add alot of bulk and get in the way in one way or another as far as control of the device goes. So I am only getting a thin layer of protection over the screen and thats it. Anyone else got any ideas?

2. bamaworks macrumors 6502

Invisible shield or Best Skins Ever. Why cover up something as attractive as the iPhone with some clunky case? IS/BSE is the best of both worlds.

3. neogod macrumors newbie

I have a full case for mine, which I hardly use now because i mainly use my morphie Juicepack. Regardless whether or not you are going to use a case, I recommend having a screen protector. The last thing you want is scratches on the glass.

4. Badgerguy macrumors member

I plan to buy a pouch to keep the thing in, and slip it out when I need to use it.

--
    BG

5. Nicholie macrumors regular

Quick question. How hard are these to apply? Most screen protector style films can be a real pain.

6. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I use the Anti Glare Screen Protector and will be purchasing a slip out case similar to what the older iPods came with.

7. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

With the plastic back on the new phone some form of protection is needed no doubt as it's bound to get scratched easier than the original iPhone.

I went ahead and ordered Zagg's InvisibleShield today. I needed something that wouldn't add bulk to the iPhone since I will be carrying it my pocket, but not my keys/change pocket.

I didn't go with a belt attachment because in the past I've ruined phones with those (cheaper phones have fallen from about 5 feet and been destroyed as they flung out of the holder upon getting out of my truck), and I'm not about to put a 3G iPhone at risk. Also those clips just never fit quite right on my belt. I'm a big guy with a gut and it always jabs into my sides.

8. brandonzar macrumors regular

I've already bought several cases for my iPhone, but I call them pants. :) I might get an invisibleshield for the back, but if you keep it in your front pocket not much is going to hurt it. Unless you frequently drop expensive electronics in which case a thick rubber case would be a good idea.

9. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

I once smashed the screen of my phone by walking into a desk, so don't say that (granted I was a little drunk at the time :) )