Screen protector or no screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abz1981, May 13, 2011.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

HI all
    I currently have the Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone 4. I mean its a good protector. But what I feel is that it ruins the retina display with this little haze affect.

I dont know but i feel like taking mines off now, and either trying it naked and be careful with the screen or get another protector that keeps the retina display looking good too.
    Does anyone know any other one they can recommend or do you tend to keep your iphone 4 naked without a screen protector?

2. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I like PS screen protectors but after using them for so long I went elsewhere. I'm using zagg's full body dry install and no case. Basically my ip4 is naked. Luv it even more..I quit cases!!!

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Go with a clear one, i cant stand the blur the anti glare ones add. Actually the ones i seem to like best are the super cheap six for a couple dollar ones in an envelope sold on ebay.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't use a screen protector on my iPhone. No scratches on front or back.

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I personally hate screen protectors, but I did purchase a few off eBay. 3 front and 3 back ones for $0.99 total with shipping. I purchased them mainly for the back ones since I'm going to try out an Apple bumper. For that price I couldn't go wrong. I wouldn't spend $20 or anything like that on a piece of plastic though. It's a waste of money.

6. ccolaco macrumors 6502

never have never will. Screen and back are still in pristine condition.

7. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

hey
    thanks for replies all. I mean I might just take it off. Cant do with this blur/haze anymore. I know its not really bad, but can be a bit annoying.

8. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

I got a case for mine just because of the fact that at some point I will drop it but don't have a screen protector and it still is flawless. I don't know how hard they are to scratch but if you're careful I would think you shouldn't have to worry.

9. mutchy126 macrumors regular

I don't.

I don't use a Screen Protecter on my Devices, I hate the Bubbles and I think that it loses a bit of the Colour on the Screen! ;)

10. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

LMAO! I have the same exact screen protector. I saw it on a apple employee iPhone and I decided to jump on it asap and loved it at the beginning and still do till this day but I do feel that it takes away from the retina display because it makes my screen look hazy in a way.

11. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

I think i have just got a brand new phone now lol. I have taken it off and it looks so much better lol. One obvious thing I aint going to do though, is put my phone with keys or coins in the same pocket. I have got a case covering the back and sides of the phone. I mean hey i guess if i drop it and if the screen did get a mark and when it comes to reselling, I can always get it replaced by apple the screen. So here I go with my new phone :) even though i have had it since august lol.

12. xlost6 macrumors 6502

@OP: lol you won't believe this but I actually took the screen protector off also after a week of use and my oh my. This screen is awesome. I don't know what I was thinking to get those screen protectors. Those things are good but horrible when it comes to showing or seeing the full retina display!

13. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

Depend on your lifestyle. I was die hard naked iPhone 4 till I scratched it when I was working. Since work has picked up, I decided to protect the phone, and also kids are prone to dropping.

Also I was lucky to get a defective battery, so my phone is back to pristine, but it has full otterbox protection.

New benefit is I can throw my phone into the car as opposed to babying it. Also at the gym I don't care if it falls or worry about sweat.

Retina is good enough. I clean the phone once a week. Besides I have a MacBook and a HDTV when I need hd goodness.

14. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I used a screen protector on my first 3GS, got it replaced by Apple because the Sleep/Wake button stopped working, decided not to replace the screen protector, and have never looked back. Screen is still perfect.

15. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Huh? You are using the anti glare. Of course it blurs the image. Get a clear one. Problem solved. :)

16. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

never used one. never will. no scratches at all on my ip4

17. jetlife2 macrumors regular

jetlife2