Screen Protector or Not (Zagg Specific)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by agjake01, Jul 7, 2010.

?

Do you like your Zagg Screen Protector

1. LOVE IT

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. HATE IT

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. DOESN'T NEED ONE

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. agjake01 macrumors regular

All - I've yet to get the IP4 but I plan to in the near future. I know similar questions have been asked before so spare the rants and complains of another screen protector thread, I'm looking for personal experiences / likes / dislikes.

I've had a Zagg Invisible Shield on my 3G for a year or so and it has worked well. No peeling or bubbles.. it did add a slight rubbery feel to the screen and if I look close I can see minimal texture.. but no complaints.

My questions to those of you with the IP4, do I need a screen protector, and if you have the Zagg installed, how do you like it? (I thought the new screen was supposed to be more durable?)

Also added a poll

2. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

3. agjake01 thread starter macrumors regular

I have read all of the threads there on the Zagg. Looking for pros v. cons of a screen protector in addition to Zagg likes/dislikes. Thanks

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I got 4 (front and back) crytals shields for 2.99 on eBay from a seller in Florida. They look and feel great, I tried a Zagg felt it killed the screen/display, didnt look as crisp!

5. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I know. But this thread should be over there. Wrong board.

6. JulesK macrumors 6502

Seriously, you've already tried the product...

I'm sure that Zagg uses the same material for all of its wet-applied shields, so you know what it's like to use one. I have the front and back shields on my iPhone 4, and since I put them on immediately after getting the phone, I'm completely used to them. (This is my first iPhone.) I also use the bumper because it makes the phone easier to hold without making it too bulky. All in all, I like the Zagg product, but it does tends to squirm around at the edges, and I'm not really sure of the advantage of applying it wet compared to the screen covers you just peel and stick.

7. mlatrece81 macrumors newbie

I love my ZAGG

I got my zagg yesterday. It does take away from the texture of the phone, but other than that it is great. Plus I love the lifetime warranty that comes with it,

8. vtmikevt macrumors regular

it's really difficult to apply properly. Once it's on, it's not too bad. It still gets fingerprints and smudges very easily. I was impatient and wanted a protector ready for when the phone arrived. I had the bestskinsever on my 3GS and it held up ok (started peeling on the corners but since IP4 is flat, shouldn't be an issue).

I'm considering ordering the BSE product to compare. It just feels like Zagg's is too thick.

9. bouldermac macrumors member

I bought the full cover (front and back).

I had the front cover on for 2 days and took it off. Rubbery feel turned me off big time.

Orange peel look didn't help much either.

Plus when you put the damn bumper on and off the phone (have to take it off to dock to charge) if the shield is not on perfectly, and I mean PERFECTLY, the bumper hits it and lifts the edge a bit.

I kept the back one on, and don't plan on getting anything else for the front.

10. me2000 macrumors 6502

Zagg is horrible. I took it off. I'm requesting a refund.

11. agjake01 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the replies. After hearing from some of you and using the Zagg on my old phone, I think I'm going to start with an Otterbox (never had one but heard good things) If that doesn't work out I'll go with another Incase sleeve with the Zagg screen protector.

Sold the 3G last night, now to find an IP4?!

12. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

The ZAGG shields have a nasty orange peel effect.

Try the AT&T stores for an iPhone, they tend to actually have some...

13. Hoppesangen macrumors member

The Zagg shield is awful. Had one for my 3GS for 3 days and I returned it pronto.

14. NeonGreenHermit macrumors regular

I Zagg every touchscreen gadget I own.

Why?

I don't exactly WANT to use them, but, more than anything else, I hate scratches. I'm precious with my Apple gear and would rather give it some protection than risk dropping it and being disappointed until I next upgrade.

I completely understand not wanting to use one, but I look at my friends who don't bother, and their iPhones are just a mess. No thanks.