Screen protector...or not?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by sgtboy, Sep 12, 2008.

?

Do you have screen protection?

1. Yes, wouldn't go without it

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes, Doesn't make a big difference

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. No, but I wish i did

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. No, doesn't need it

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Hello All

I recently ordered a New IPT (stupid fedex hasn't updated in days, who knows where it is) and had a question for you all (including 1g owners)

Do you have any sort of protective film/screen protection on your ipod, I'm not talking about a case, but something that goes on your actual screen. For those of you who don't, are you fine with it? Does it clean easily?

Reason being, I am VERY careful with my electronics etc. I never leave em lying around or rarely even take them in my pocket. I'd carry it in my old Ipod video sleeve and was wondering if i even need a protector if i am going to be extremely careful with it.

Thanks all!

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

The screen is strong, but it's not scratch-proof. Last winter I scratched mine by putting my titanium Oakleys in my jacket pocket with the iPod. Stupid, I know - but I had to take my sunglasses off rather quickly and I just threw them in my pocket. The next thing I knew, my one-year-old son was clamoring for me to hold him. Five minutes later I realized that my sunglasses were in the same pocket as my iPod, with my son smashed up against it - when I took the iPod out, the bezel was scratched, along with the screen. heh

I took my iPod in to get it replaced the next week (it had a speck of dust under the screen) and the new has had a screen protector on since day ONE. ;)

3. nickburns macrumors newbie

nickburns

At least it wasn't like this guys

[​IMG]
    I think I would cry:eek: