Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SS4Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2014
SoCal
what screen protectors are people using with the AP and not seeing any negative impacts of accuracy or anything with their apple pencil??

I'm looking at the ballistic tech armor currently

malandra

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2003
I have a $18 glass screen protector from Amazon. I don't love it, but I have had zero issues using the pencil.

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
I have the tech armour glass one - cost a bit more, but it was very easy to put on, has nicely beveled edges and hasn't impacted on the pencil's accuracy. It DOES impact on the touch sensitivity a little - I have to swipe a little more 'deliberately' than before, esp with multitouch - but worth it, as a scratch on this screen would KILL me and a replacement screen is apparently something like £400.

malandra

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2003
I just got the Skinomi matte screen protector in the post, I'll report back when I work up the fearlessness I need to install it. I'm busy creating a dust free chamber in which to attempt the job

PattyMc

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Easiest way to cut down on dust for the install is to run the shower in bathroom on hot water and steam up the room, really does help!

Reactions: malandra

malandra

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2003
Ok, I had a fairly painless skinomi matte install last night. No air bubbles and a single speck of dust in spite of my extreme efforts to get it on dustless--did it in a steamy clean bathroom.

The good news? No glare, no fingerprints, and the working with the pencil is really nice. The tiniest bit of drag on the tip, which makes it feel like a real pencil.

The bad: there's a minute screen door effect, especially on a white screen. As I'm mostly working in Word and Notes here, I don't know if I can get used to this or not:/

But the pencil is not an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.