Screen protector problems

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bushidoho, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Bushidoho macrumors newbie

I just installed a full screen protector for my iPad 2. The back turned out pretty well. I started out with the front and it seems to have lots of bubbles left.

I don't have the feeling these bubbles will disappear within the next 48 hours.
    So I was wondering, how long can I wait to give it another try? As in take it off and install the same protector again? Cause I have a feeling I didn't use enough solution the first try?

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Which screen protector did you buy? Was it a wet install?

3. Bushidoho thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed Bodyguardz, both front and back.

It was pretty wet at install, I used many solution, but apperently not enough.
    It was dripping and I had to clean my desk.

4. yoshe200 macrumors member

Did you get the ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD? When I put mine on, it took about 3 days for all the bubbles to disappear. Though most of the big ones you can squeeze out by using your fingers (being careful not to scratch it).

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Most of the bubbles will dry up in a week. Some small ones will take a 2-3 weeks, but eventually they'll be gone.

6. whitenoise macrumors regular

If I may, I'll add my question in here.

I've just had an awful time trying to put on the Cygnett OpticClear screen protector.

I cleaned everything down got started and somehow managed to attract some specks of dust. I did the tape thing, but ended up making more of a mess of things, and adding more specks to the screen :( - I had a similar nightmare putting the screen protector on my original iPad, but it worked out okay in the end.

I've ended up trying several times, but just can't get it to apply without problems, so I finally tried to clean the back with water. This seemed to get the little specks, so I tried to do an install while it was still wettish and just can't seem to get that right either. I think I may have screwed it up altogether, and will just go without the protector this time, (even though it cost me for this one.)

Any tricks? or is it just a case of too much dust floating around? (I promise the room isn't covered in dust, btw!) :rolleyes:

thanks

7. JessicaR macrumors member

In my experience, I have found this works best.

1. Put tape on the top corners so you have something to grab.
    2. Tape the corners to the back of the phone/ipad
    3. Grab the other end and pull tight
    4. With a ruler slowly start at the top and press downward to apply the screen protector on the device evenly
    5. Using the ruler again, work the bubbles out from top to bottom