Screen protector recommendation?

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I want to know what your opinions are on screen protectors. I currently have a BodyGuardz on my iPhone 5 and I do not like the way I can see it on the screen.

I'm looking for a screen protector that I don't notice is even there.

What are your experiences and recommendations?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I don't personally like them, but the only one IMO that looks good and is guaranteed is Ghost Armor. They have stands in most malls and install it for you. They can do the front, back, and sides.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
I want to know what your opinions are on screen protectors. I currently have a BodyGuardz on my iPhone 5 and I do not like the way I can see it on the screen.

I'm looking for a screen protector that I don't notice is even there.

What are your experiences and recommendations?
I posted in here https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1460454/ that I found good ones. They are cut out exactly as pictured and I can't even notice them on the screen. Feels exactly like the glass and really are crystal clear.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I don't personally like them, but the only one IMO that looks good and is guaranteed is Ghost Armor. They have stands in most malls and install it for you. They can do the front, back, and sides.
this

On all my previous iPhones I went with the zagg kits sold at best buy. Initially bought the zagg kit for the i5 but was unhappy. Went to a mall in Seattle and they had a ghost armor stand. Had never heard of them but gave it a shot.

They cover the entire phone, front back and sides and guarantee it for life. If it peels, falls off, scratches, what ever, they said just make sure to save the armor, even if you bring it in a ball, to ANY ghost armor ANYWHERE and get it replaced free for life.

I have go to say, I could always notice the feel of the Zagg. With GA it feels like I am touching the glass of the phone. It is really nice and is the only protector I would recommend.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2011
this

On all my previous iPhones I went with the zagg kits sold at best buy. Initially bought the zagg kit for the i5 but was unhappy. Went to a mall in Seattle and they had a ghost armor stand. Had never heard of them but gave it a shot.

They cover the entire phone, front back and sides and guarantee it for life. If it peels, falls off, scratches, what ever, they said just make sure to save the armor, even if you bring it in a ball, to ANY ghost armor ANYWHERE and get it replaced free for life.

I have go to say, I could always notice the feel of the Zagg. With GA it feels like I am touching the glass of the phone. It is really nice and is the only protector I would recommend.
I always go with Zagg as well, for my White 5 i have a dry install Zagg. But this ghost armor sounds good. I am going to keep an eye out for it.

tokiidokii

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
i HIGHLY recommended spigen's glas.t if cost isn't an issue. although you do feel the home button is now recessed since the the protector is fairly thick.

also, it's pretty much a one shot deal install so you better be sure that you're super super careful in not getting any dust underneath and that you have perfectly lined it up (i actually used the hinge method.. first time using that method and it worked amazingly). i actually planned it carefully and took my time and i managed to get a PERFECT install (no dusts, bubbles, etc.).

i've used diff screen protectors on my 4 before (i've tried zagg but i always went with spigen/sgp) and to tell you the truth, the glas.t just annihilates them. it really is i think, the BEST screen protector i've ever used.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
SGP Crystal is what I'm using it's great if you'd rather not spend so much on the GlasT and put that toward a case

I can't tell it's even there

vaugha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2011
Have been using sgp products since i4 and I was never dissatisfied at any point. You can't go wrong w/ em.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
What's the difference in feeling, between the glas.t and say the ultra crystal? I have the ultra crystal now, and to me it feels almost glass-like already :confused:

cazzster

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
chicago
Whatever you do, don't buy any Zagg. I have the Spigen Glas.T on my IP5. I love it. Alternatives would be the Spigen Steinheil or Power Support.

brokenbuyer

macrumors regular
May 7, 2011
For me there was two choices

1. SPG Crystal
2. Some glass protector.

I went with he glass protector. There are a lot more companies that are starting to make them now, so costs may go down later.

I got the Bodyguardz Pure just because it was cheaper (50% promotion + 20% returning customer). They also offer replacements on it for $13 shipped. I heard that it's smoother and more resistant to fingerprints than the Glast, but I don't know from experience.

Get the Glas.T or the Pure. If you don't want to cash out that much, a SPG Crystal or PowerSupport would be the next choices for me.

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Ive had a spg crystal on my iphone 3gs and im happy with that..will get one for iphone 5

joec1101

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
So Cal, USA
I don't care for the Zagg or Ghost Armor - too much orange peel effect.

It doesn't really get any better that either the Spigen/SGP or the Power Support protectors. I have the Spigen Ultra Crystal on my iPhone 5 and it looks perfect - can't even tell there's anything there.

nies

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2010
Haven't dropped my phone but my sgp crystal looks like there's a nick in it. And no it's not an air bubble

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
this

They have those mall stands here too, but they want $10 per application.