Screen protector recommendations for iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GrannySmith123, Dec 12, 2012.

1. GrannySmith123, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012

GrannySmith123 macrumors member

Nov 21, 2011
    Anybody know of a good screen protector thats cheap (under $20 but preferably like $5-$10 if possible)? I only want front screen protection
    and im not looking for any full body screen
    protectors. I would also like to buy the protector in store and have it installed right then and
    there. Best place for that?
    Also, if i were to go with no screen protector for a while would the iPhone 5 screen scratch real easy or is it now really scratch resistant?

Edit: forgot to add i HATE anti glare screen shields and prefer ultra clear protectors that dont take away from the display
  2. icemanzzz macrumors member

Sep 27, 2010
    Get the Spigen Oleophobic screen protector. It might be $14, but it's worth it.

Although, if you really want the glass feel and clarity of the original screen on your iPhone 5. Then I would highly recommend either the Spigen Glast.R or the Bodyguardz Pure. They might be steep, but they are totally worth it.
  3. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Sep 28, 2010
    For me it's always been Spigen or PowerSupport, PowerSupport were slow to release their screen protectors so Spigen it was, highly recommended all over the forums.
  4. lovetamarav macrumors regular

Feb 12, 2011
    I've loved both the Spigen Glas.tR and the Spigen Ultra Crystal
  5. kalexn macrumors 6502

Sep 17, 2012
    I love the bodyguardz pure. It looks just like the glass on the screen and you wouldn't really know unless you looked at how it is a little raised above the home button. It fits my cases too. Absolutely love it.
  6. MacSteve67 macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2012
    # 1 Power Support: expensive but worth it! I have it on my iPhone and on my girlfriend's

# 2 Spigen: as good as Power Support provided you do a dustfree install !

I wish I could get the screen for my iPad, but shipping to Canada doubles the price. The AppleStore and the online Apple store only sell the Power support screen for the iPhone 5 as they told me the one for the iPad did not pass the Apple's 7 approval stages to be sold thru Apple's sites...
  7. LaymansDomain macrumors member

Dec 13, 2012
    Thanks for the options all, hopefully one of the protectors mentioned will do it for me.