Screen Protector Recommendations?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dc213, Nov 9, 2011.

1. dc213 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I currently have a Zagg screen protector on my iPhone 4s and I'm less than satisfied. I really don't like the rubbery feel of the screen. It makes scrolling much more difficult. Are there any other screen protectors that I should consider purchasing? I want something that offers good clarity AND a more natural feel than the Zagg protector I currently have. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

3. SipperyPete macrumors regular

Go with any 'non-wet' applied crystal film like:

Power Support

or

Incipio

or

SGP

4. AuburnApple macrumors member

5. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I've had experience with a bunch of cheaper products.... the two brands that really stand apart are SGP and PowerSupport, PhoneDevil in a pinch will be great as well.

Short of those three... well not worth it imo.

Also, FWIW, I'm a dry-application fan... so yeah :\

6. dc213 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

So it sounds like Power Support or SGP are my best bet. Thanks for the advice.

7. wirelessness macrumors 6502

Moshi iVisor is my favorite so far. It goes on with ZERO bubbles every time and it's reusable. It's more money than the PS and SGP but you can reuse it over and over. Problem is it's Matte only.

8. t1m1t macrumors member

+1 with SGP. If you look on Amazon, a lot of people complain that it doesn't sit straight and that the edges eventually go out and leave a ring of bubbles. I've had more than 10 SGP crystal covers for my iPhone 4S and my Galaxy S (Korean model) and NONE of them had this problem. They can be tricky to put on, but being careful and smart will have them looking great on phones. I had Power support as well, and they're a great product. But, the SGP protectors feel smoother and are a bit thicker/stronger (no loss of touch sensitivity).

9. ShionoyaTamaki, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

try skinomi. It basically the same as Zagg but bit better imo. Lifetime warranty. Very smooth almost like naked glass not rubbery.

Cheap $1.39 for full body or 2x front protector on amazon. it normally retails for 19.95, not sure why amazon is so much cheaper probably price error or something. I got several for backup in future.
    You can buy several and still be cheaper than Zagg

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechSkin-Protector-Shield-Verizon/dp/B005SJBIVI

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechSkin-Screen-Protector-Verizon/dp/B005SJBI72

10. DK1ng macrumors regular

11. taskmanager macrumors regular

XO Skins. They don't feel like rubber and they don't turn yellow or have the orange peel look. http://xoskins.com they are only $12 unlike some other I have seen for $20 at bestbuy.

12. mizzoucat macrumors regular

It looks like these also come with a cover for the home button. Do they? Most of the other products don't include covers for the home button which is silly because the home button is the easiest part to scratch on the entire screen.

13. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I personally like RadTech. I have used them on all of my iPads and iPhones.

14. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

How does this cover apply, is it a static fit ?

Thanks...

15. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Not a static cling, it uses a wet install exactly like the Zagg Invisible Shields.