Screen protector that covers home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sundog925, Oct 3, 2012.

1. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

Anyone know of such a piece?
    I've had problems with my 4 with skin oils/sweat and such getting into the home button causing it not to work i.e. having to press numerous time to get it to register.

As of now, my 5 is in an otterbox until I can find the aforementioned above!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

The design changed in the new Home button so it might be better than the old one, also if you go to iFixit it says the Home button is now much easier to service(install new one) than before so less of a problem.

Don't know if those protectors exist but I did see a sheet of protector cover which you had to cut yourself.
    Don't think it will work, the home button is not flush with the rest of the front so I think they do not exist.

3. sundog925 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. trozau macrumors regular

trozau

Turn on Assistive Touch. Settings, General, Accessibility, Assistive Touch ON. It puts a movable button on your screen. You can use this instead of the Home Button when your Home Button is broken, unresponsive or if you want to lessen use of the physical Home Button.

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

http://theluckylabs.com/

They have skins that have a small sticker for the front. It won't keep the water/sweat out of the crevices but it does keep you from directly touching the button so it keeps oil and sweat from your hand from getting in.

I use a clear one on my iPhone 4 and it works/looks great.