iPad Screen protector vs. anti-glare coating

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jcmeyer5, Nov 2, 2014.

1. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

Anyone with an iPad Air 2 using a screen protector? How does it affect the anti-glare properties of the screen?

2. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I personally saw zero difference between new screens and iPad Air screens. Put on my Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector, as I do with EVERY apple device (including my rMBP), and never looked back.

3. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

I'm using an amfilm screen protector for my ipad air 2. It doesn't change much of anything about the screen. If you install it properly, it's an awesome screen protector. You can barely tell that it is there.

4. donnaw macrumors 65816

I put a skinomi on mine. Completely negates the anti-glare. But the anti-glare seemed to cause some weird fingerprint isdues for me and the anti-glare wasn't that great so I'm not bothered.

5. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I have a Tech Armor screen protector on mine that I put on when I first removed the plastic covering, so I never really used mine without it to make a comparison. The Tech Armor is a great protector and not pricey.

6. waynerbbx macrumors member

I've been using that brand, and tech armor for almost all of my screen protectors. Love them both

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

I did exactly the same. I rather the screen was protected then have reduced glare. I did compare iPad Air 2 and iPad Air side by side with the same screen protector as I have both as well as both without it in the Apple Store. I couldn't see any difference between the two.