Screen protector with case on iPhone SE

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MarkX, Nov 3, 2016.

1. MarkX macrumors regular

MarkX

I want to fit a glass screen protector but I am concerned that if I do I won't be able to put my speck candy shell case back on without lifting the protector at the edges. The case has a raised lip and comes on to the screen a little.

Has anyone else got an SE with case and glass protector? Have you had any issues?

Thanks in advance.

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Used a speck case on a 6s and a 7, both with glass screen protectors. Had no issues at all. I know they were not the SE model, but I don't see why they would not fit.

3. MarkX thread starter macrumors regular

MarkX

As far as I'm aware the 6s and the 7 has a slightly curved screen at the edges and the glass protectors don't go all the way to that edge.

The SE screen is flat and the protectors seem to go right to the edge hence my concern about cases that come on to the screen.

4. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Good call. Maybe order a cheap one (they are actually really good) from Amazon and test one out.

5. JustJoshua macrumors member

My SE is in a otter box commuter case with a glass screen protector and is fine. The case doesn't overlap the screen protector so they work great together.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

True. The 7 has a curved appeal, where as the SE is flat. I previously owned the SE and now own the iPhone 7.

7. valinda, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016

valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

I bought a cheap screen protector for my brothers SE on Amazon. He has a speck case on his. No
    problem with the screen lifting.

I did have that problem when I bought an edge to edge screen protector for my Note 5. The speck
    case would lift the edges up. I wound up throwing away the screen protector.

8. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I've got a glass screen protector with an Otterbox Symmetry and no issues at all with it fitting together