Screen protector!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ARSC, Aug 31, 2012.

1. ARSC, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012

ARSC macrumors 6502

I just wanted to know which one looks better matt or clear screen protector.

Which is the best one ?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I use the crystal for the iPad, and the anti-glare for my iPhone. I figured that i'm using my iPhone outside more than my iPad. The crystal will also be clearer and I do a lot more reading on my iPad than my iPhone.

I assume you are talking about Power-Support, and if that is the case, they are both great films. No complaints from me. Have been using Power-Support since iPhone 3G.

3. ARSC thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!!

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Subjective matter.

Better is always highly subjective regardless of topic. No one can tell you which you will prefer. If one was universally better then everyone would use one or the other. If you'll bother to read the various screen protector threads you'll quickly see that isn't the case.

Again subjective. I've done the opposite. Fingerprints were driving me nuts on the iPad 2 so I put an SGP UF on it. The 4S has an SGP oleophobic (which, after time, effectively ends up being crystal).

OP -- it's up to you to determine your preference. See if you can find people with examples of each and then decide for yourself. You can read all you want but others people's preferences are their preferences and not your own.

5. ARSC thread starter macrumors 6502

6. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

i think it all depends on your preference and what you need. Now that i've used both, i prefer clear to matte. I remember when I first tried Matte, i thought it was awesome but I can't get over that grainy appearance of my screen.

7. snapb202 macrumors newbie

Sorry to sound dumb, but is the matte slightly grainer to touch to and less smooth than the crystal? or is that just my imagination? I'm a REAL newbie - but am getting hooked so want to get the right gear that highlights the best aspects of the 4s :)

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

Actually the matte feels more slik on the fingers. Crystal clear tends to drag.

I personally prefer the crystal clear due to the rainbow effect caused by the anti-glare. I have used Power Support, SGP, and Green Onion.

My favorites are the Green Onion oleophobic these are more oileophobic than the SGP. All crystal screen protectors look like the naked screen.

9. Appleseeds macrumors regular

I've had every iPhone since the original and have
    never used a screen protector
    And have no issues. But to each his own.

10. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

11. Appleseeds macrumors regular

LOL I've never seen anything like that happen. Obviously that isolated case/cases is not the norm. Even if it does wear off it wouldn't happen normally like that.

12. charlesdayton, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012

charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

I don't think it is that isolated given the large amount of pages coming up in a google search.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=iphone+oleophobic+coating+wearing+off
    (also many reports when searching for scratched screen)

Maybe it happens to heavy gamers. I use oleophobic SP and never had a problem. Also I know people that don't use a SP and did not had problems, and some that did.