screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hotrod351, Oct 2, 2013.

1. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

ok so at&t didnt have the good screen protectors and had to settle for the cheap ones. she showed me one on her iphone 5 that you could just about drag a nail across. can remember what it was called. suggestions ?

2. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Could possibly be tempered or gorilla glass.I just purchased applecare+ for my 5s yesterday so Ive started carrying my iphone without a case and went JUST TODAY with a cheapie screen protector and it got scratched up bad like its been on there for a year so Ive got me a colored tempered glass screen protector on the way from ebay for under $7.I do have a question does anyone have one of these on a 5s?

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I've always opted for the Power Support brand when I choose to use a screen protector. The problem is since Apple quite selling them and replaced them with the horrible Belkin ones they sell now, they're a little more difficult to get.

I ordered a set of the anti-glare from a company called Wonder J Products out of Japan. They came in different packaging than what they sold in here in the US but are still the same quality product.

I paid about $22 after shipping for a set of two.

4. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

I get about 3 off amazon for $2. It's absurd what people pay for a thin piece of plastic. You can even tell my phone has one on it so don't say they are crap.

5. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

Do yourself a favor and get a slim tempered glass protector. 1000% worth the extra money to have 9H protection and the feeling of no protector at all. I am using a MIME right now, but there are plenty of other options.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Another vote for PowerSupport. I order them off Amazon, again more expensive than they use to be, but so worth it. I can use one for almost a year, so $11 a year to keep my phone's screen perfect (plus I love the feel of Anti-Glare).

7. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I agree with you. Since having Apple devices (iPod touch 4G, 4S and now my 5S) I have always got cheap eBay screen protectors, 6 for like 4$ and they always work great. People pay an arm and a leg for a little plastic sheet, its crazy.

I just ordered a tempered glass screen protector for my 5S. (6.50$ on eBay) Never tried a glass protector before.

8. gcrr, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

gcrr macrumors regular

I have a Tech Armor HD Clear screen protector on mine. 6 bucks for a three pack plus unlimited replacements.

9. MN7119 macrumors regular

Another vote for Power Support. Get the 2 pack from Amazon. BTW, I also have the Power Support iPhone 5 case that is only sold in Japan. You can order on Amazon and it is the best low profile case you can get. I just moved it from my iPhone 5 to my new 5S and it looks amazing.

10. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Power support has the best quality clear & anti-glare (I use the anti-glare) and they are made in Japan. Very good quality for $14/2 pack.

11. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Spigen also sells quality SPs, on par with PowerSupport. Currently, there's a pack that has 3 front SP and 1 back film for $7.95 on Amazon.

12. Mylo130 macrumors member

Mylo130

I have Bodyguardz tempered glass on my iPhone 5 and my iPad mini. Like the protection combined with the feel of glass. They came with home button stickers to bring the home button flush. I tried them, but actually prefer the exaggerated home button indention.

13. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Power Support Anti Glare.Almost Invisible to the eye yet excellent protection

14. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I love this one. I have at bunch of packs that are extra from using the warranty. I have around 15 extra screen protectors.

15. little james macrumors newbie

I get 2 screen protector for my iPhone 5 last week. Because i got experience when it was slipped from my hands. After I changed its screen it become able to see my messages and emails etc in it.

16. takeshi74 macrumors 601

People have varying preferences and it's not just about appearance with screen protectors. What is truly absurd is to assume that your specific preferences are universal.

In any case, you wrote the opposite of what you meant.

17. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

monoprice.com is where I got some for my fiancé's 5s when it arrives. I got a 3 pack of anti-glare and 3 pack of crystal clear for $5.xx shipped. can't beat it, good reviews too. won't ever pay store price for screen protectors, though I don't use one on mine anyways.

18. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

At least we are smart shoppers

19. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

:cool:

go yankees

20. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

:cool::cool:

Lol those Yankees are doing good... Golfing!

21. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I know :(

22. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Couldn't resist. Respect to Marino though. Go sox! :)

23. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

best of all time. hope they lose in the first round! :p go tigers, rays & A's

24. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Oh, I didn't see any home button stickers with mine. I, personally, did not like the indentation. Overall, having a glass screen protector was desirable. However, besides the home button issue, I didn't like how some of the air pockets would not dissipate. They did the install for me at the AT&T store. The rep told me that the air pockets should go away in a couple of hours but it didn't. I ended up returning it.

----------

What about screen clarity after the installation? Any pixelation?